Chinese-Forums

Study abroad to china... Flight help please..

Edward Phie

Firstly sorry if this post is in a wrong place but I'm really excited and worried about flight in china..

The things that I wanna ask is

Is there really things that called as a student special baggage that allows free up size for domestic baggage (which we know just 20kg) to 40 kg..

there are rumor around my senior that going to china that it's true or it's not.. but I'm confused which one to believe..

I won't be this confused If I'm not pointed to be the leader of 15 people from our university in Indonesia..

P.S maybe we'll take eastern or southern airlines from guangzhou to nanchang (jiang xi province)

You need to ask your company or the place where you bought your tickets, no?

When I came to China I could bring more than 70kg, but my situation is quite special because the person who helped me to buy work have a big influence in that company..

Edward Phie - Yes, normally you can request for additional baggage allowance if you are a student.  I've used many airlines that have accepted it.  Some airlines will give more than others.  For example, some will give you only 10Kgs more (so that's 30KGs in total) and others will give you an extra 20KGs allowance. But you have to request this when you are booking your ticket.

Am I supposed to request at the airlines e.g southern airlines or the site where I buy the ticket in this case at ctrip.com..

I'm very stressed because of this issue because everyone wants to bring 40kg baggage especially for the first timer student that go abroad

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Edward!

To what city are you heading to? If you're flying with Air China, you're allowed to bring 2 pieces of baggage = 46kgs, later you have to show your student visa or admission letter as proof while check-in.

I hope this information helps. 

ps : I'm working there so I know. He he