Chinese-Forums

Prospects for Chinese Degree Holders In Developed Countries

shuoshuo

There are a few of us here who have done are degrees in China, I would like to know how this is viewed in developed countries?

I'm just curious, because there is a growing number of students from developed countries choosing China to do their Masters degree and even their PhD; courses that are not necessarily related to China and its culture, language or history. When you guys go back home and start job-searching, how do potential employers view a degree from China?

Please feed by curiosity, Thanks! :)

• Like 2

Well in here Indonesia mostly people in here get a very good opportunity regardless the major that they take... (but mostly I see engineering is most promised one).. because china's company will be invested in some big government project which means a very big job offer will come soon..

for me I take chinese language for my master degree in hope to able to open some Chinese language course.. well there is some big open recruitment soon so I thhink people will more eager to learn chinese if they want to get a better job with better paycheck

• Like 1

I'm fairly convinced that my MA from HeiDa is the major reason why I was able to get a fully-funded offer for my PhD (in 20th century Chinese history).

I think that degrees in the humanities earned with the intention of continuing education at the graduate level in a developed country is a decent investment. A major in the sciences or business would be a waste of time.

• Like 2