Chinese-Forums

Looking for recommendations on short story books

Skunq

It would be nice to get some recommendations on books featuring various short stories, fiction or non-fiction, both are okay. I do not feel my Chinese level is at the point yet where I can take up novels, so I choose to stick with short stories for now.

A Chinese friend of mine has recommended 韩寒's 很高兴见到你 and the books following that one. It doesn't look bad at all, but I would still like to have a look at other options.

Which is why I prefer short stories, I like that you can finish them fairly quickly and then start on a new and (hopefully) interesting story.

Yes, two months into my Chinese studies I started reading a Chinese Breeze level 1 book, but stopped halfway through as it was simply dead boring. Their books on higher levels are perhaps more interesting? I also tried one of Mandarin Companion's books recently, but unfortunately they only offer "Level 1" books at the moment, which is below my level.