Chinese-Forums

Anyone from Belgium/Netherlands ?

spetsnaz84

There are plenty of Dutch people around, but I doubt they will be able to point to useful tutors/language schools for you. I don't know from where in Belgium you are, but I can't imagine you're willing to travel to say Leiden or Groningen on a regular basis for just a tutor session.

Maybe you could be a bit more specific? From which area are you? How far/long are you willing to travel? What is it you're looking for in a school/tutor?

• Like 1

Ha, if we had a forums meeting we'd beat London and Beijing!

I never really put much attention to it, but I see dutch references here on a regular basis. So it seemed evident to me we're represented more then proportional.

sometimes it feels like I'm the only one with an interest in Chinese language.

Agree, interest in China/Chinese language doesn't seem very common. But then I don't see much interest in other languages and countries either. Even many people that visit France, Spain or Germany on a regular basis seems to have only very limited interest in the countries beyond as a holiday destination and put in little to no effort to learn the language.

I discovered however that the Chinese community in Eindhoven is much larger then I thought. Many of them seem Cantonese, the traditional diaspora, but recent arrivals, mainly knowledge workers and students, seem to be primarily Mandarin oriented. Apart from an occasional chat at the toko or railroad station I haven't found a way yet to get regular free practice out of them.