Chinese-Forums

guobaorou

MoTzu

I'm keen to try the famous dongbei guo bao rou but I wouldn't be able to pick it out of a picture menu and while I can find it mentioned all over food sites I haven't seen one yet with the pinyin spelling so I can work out how to order it. Could someone please show me the pinyin pronounciation. Also if anyone knows a place that makes it well that'd be awesome too :mrgreen:

• Like 1

锅包肉 (Guō bāo ròu) is the best food ever. Oh how I miss it.

In NanGang district I used to go to a place on HanGuang Street, heading down from YiKuang Street it's on the right (maybe 500m down the road) - up a few stairs... can't remember any more details right now, but it was the best GuoBaoRou I ever had... and I had a lot...

edit...

on further research I think it may have been 刘氏知音酒 (45 Hanguang St)

In other words, if you wanna try it... go to Harbin :P

Dongbei restaurants should have it, and perhaps Beijing restaurants as well. Although I suspect those are hard to find outside of Northern China, and especially not abroad.

Haha, cool, just checking. I just realised that I posted a whole lot of directions without actually realising if you were even in Harbin. Try the BBQ place on the corner of HanGuang & YiKuang too (opposite Fox)... it's delicious

• Like 1