Chinese-Forums

360 cloud drive / http://yunpan.360.cn/

Silent

I've just signed up for a 360 cloud account and installed its android app and got 26+ TB. And when I pressed a few buttons of the app (not sure which) I got awarded with 3TB so now I have 30+TB. I am not sure if I would use it, though.

I have many cloud accounts. Most are international services. The 2 Chinese accounts I have are baidu (2TB) and kingsoft (1TB). I don't really use kingsoft. But I do use baidu because it is very convenient.

Silent

it has an application for Windows and I can use it on my Android, plus it is in English, however so is Tencent storage. Truth is, I don't know what to tell, I upload, download and sync my files, easy as that. Hmm, I guess the only problem could be that the upload speed might be a bit slower than Google Drive if you are abroad, but otherwise, I haven't experienced any problems so far.

Can you get the baidu cloud storage in English?

I've seen the iPad app and it's essentially the same as DropBox in layout / feel. I think I would prefer using Baidu to 360. The computers at my work are loaded with 360 software (web browser, anti virus etc) and I suspect it's the source of most of the advert pop ups that appear.

I can hardly access anything to do with google in Beijing. Dropbox can sometimes be hit and miss too so Baidu Pan (盘)might be a good option for sending people large files for work.

ChTTay

Well, in short, unfortunately no. If software in English is something you are after I'd suggest you Weiyun, it is made by Tencent (QQ and Wechat company) and gives 10TB space of storage, and its website is also in English, furthermore, you can login with your QQ account. http://www.weiyun.com/disk/index-en.html

To my knowledge there is not any Chinese storage software that comes in English by default, however there are some enthusiastic users who have translated 360 Cloud app on Android in English, furthermore, they have created translated application versions of Tencent Weiyun for Windows and Android as well. 

I can get by in Chinese... But for an APP it's just a lot more practical to have it in Chinese. Saves me accidentally doing something i don't want to do anyway!

I'll check out Weiyun and maybe experiment with Baidu too.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

hmmm

I don't know what happened, when I connect to the 360 云盘 with firefox (on my PC) the nice interface has disappeared... it looks odd.. has anyone had this issue??

(I did connect once with android in order to get the xx TB, but I did all of my uploading with my PC's web browser...)

post-30468-0-96093700-1410285792_thumb.png

@edelweis

This seems to be the CSS of the site not loading properly. A CSS file pretty much tells the site what colour to use on what and how the layout is arranged. It's probably nothing a page refresh or turning your VPN on/off and refreshing the page wont fix.

It just failed to open the CSS file is all, happens from time to time on many sites depending on your internet connection.

• Like 1

thanks for the advice Matty, unfortunately reloading or clearing our the browsing history doesn't change anything.

I can still use it though, but I have to scroll up and down all the time to find the links...

the odd thing is, the first page is like this (我的文件) but the other pages are still nicely formatted (我的照片, 共享相册)

are you using firefox on a Linux PC by any chance? (that's my config...)

Actually it got worse for a few days as most links were completely inactive on that page so I couldn't view my files or upload new files. (but the same page worked fine in the web browser of an android virtual device... [edit] and the android app worked fine too.)

Now it's back to the intermediate state (ugly display but I can view and upload files again) with firefox/Linux.