Chinese-Forums

Booking flight from Beijing to Chongqing

JackTheCrow

Hi,

I'll arrive in Beijing on 26th, I'm going to spend a week there, then I must go to Chongqing.

I see the faster way is T train, need more than 24hr. So I'm watching some flights. My question is about the quantity of baggage i can bring with me, I've two baggage, every one about 20kg, and also i have a carry-on luggage.

I don't understand for national flight can bring how many luggage. Can someone who are good with chinese language help me please. I already read Hainan Airlines and Sichuan Airlines, i read the conditions but it's not clear.

Thank You.

This is Sichuan Airlines
http://www.scal.com.cn/Scal.WebMaster/Upload/FCKEditor/file/%E3%80%8A%E5%B7%9D%E8%88%AA%E6%97%85%E5%AE%A2%E3%80%81%E8%A1%8C%E6%9D%8E%E5%9B%BD%E5%86%85%E8%BF%90%E8%BE%93%E6%80%BB%E6%9D%A1%E4%BB%B6%E3%80%8B03-00%E7%89%88.pdf

13.5.1 免费行李额
(1)每位旅客的免费行李额(包括托运和自理行李):持成人或儿
童客票的头等舱旅客为 40 公斤,公务舱旅客为 30 公斤,经济舱旅客
为 20 公斤。持婴儿票的旅客,无免费行李额。
Free baggage allowance(Including Checked baggage and carry-on baggage)
20 kg for economy class, 30 kg for business class and 40 kg for first class. No free baggage allowance for the passengers holding infant ticket

13.4.2 自理行李
自理行李每位旅客只限一件,其重量不能超过 10 公斤,体积不
超过 20×40×55 厘米,并应能置于旅客的前排座位之下或封闭式行
李架内。

Carry-on baggage
Only a luggage per passenger, weighing not more than 10 kg and the volume doesn't exceed 20x40x55 which can be placed under the front seat or the enclosed luggage rack.

This is Hainan Airlines. It's basically the same to Sichuan Airlines.

http://www.hnair.com/lxxx/xlxx/201005/t20100527_700.html

9.6.7.1 Unless otherwise specified by Hainan Airlines, for first-class or business-class adult passengers, two bags per passenger may be checked free of charge, and the maximum weight and total length of the dimensions(length, width, and height) added together of each piece should not exceed 32kg and 158 cm (62 inches). For economy class adult passengers, two bags per passenger can be checked free of charge, the maximum weight and total length of the dimensions (length, width, and height) added together of each piece should not exceed 23kg and 158 cm (62 inches), however the total of the dimensions (length, width, and height) added together of two pieces of luggage should not exceed 273 cm (107 inches) in total.

As regulations....

I have two bags, each one about 20kg. 

So for me Hainan Airlines is okay right?

The English version of Hainan Airlines is unclear. So I looked it up in the Chinese version.

I think the information you quoted is about the international routes. (23 kg for economy class)

If you want to go to Chongqing from Beijing, the rules will be applied as I mentioned above.

Are you going to China by yourself or with somebody else?

The free baggage allowance is only applied to each passenger.

You only have 20 kg *total* free allowance for no more than 2 checked baggage if you travel to Chongqing from Beijing.

And Only 1 and no more than 10 kg carry-on baggage for economy class passengers.

UPDATE: It seems there are some new rules applied to the ticket on or after 25 July. But it's still unclear. There is only Asia route stated but I'm not sure the domestic route is counted into the Asia route.  亚洲航线 经济舱 一件(每件行李重量不超过 23公斤/51 磅,三边之和不超过158 厘米/62 英寸)

• New Members

If you go to Chongqing by train, you are allowed to bring 20kg luggage with you, you have to pay ¥4 for each extra kg of luggage. 

If you are going to Chongqing with about 40kg luggage, you may need to pay ¥80 for the over weigh part (20kg). You can also choose to use mail service, it cost you about ¥100 to mail your 20kg  luggage to Chongqing, it is a little bit of expensive but you can save a lot of time from this.