Chinese-Forums

How good is the medical insurance of the CSC program? Should I buy an international medical insurance?

sujeto

Wassup guys, I'm goin Harbin Institute of Technology for 3 years Master Degree under the CSC program, this one include tuition, domr, and "medical insurance". I was wondering according to your experience, is this CSC medical insurance good enogh or should I buy an international plan on my origin country.

PLEASE, before you say, yeah go ahead, It won't hurt.- let me tell you, buying an international medical insurance from my country (Venezuela) It's expensive as hell, and a very very complex process, so It's not just get it, it won't hurt. I really must pay evidence that I will really need this medical coverage or my government won't allow me to buy it.

BUT, the health is the most important. I wouldn't like to be trapped with a crappy medical insurace where If I get my leg broken for some reason, I wouldn't able to go a "Nice" hospital where to get my leg fixed. 

Also I want to check other issues, I suffer from high blood pressure and also some skin conditions like dermatitis and allergies, this without mention getting sick for some weird chinese flu which my body wouldn't be able to figth.

BUT AGAIN, if CSC can cover all this for me, It would be just great, cause my familiy won't have to pay all that LOT of money for me with that expensives international insurances.

I don't know about your uni too much but CSC applier in my UNI once admitted to hospital (usually  hospital that pointed by uni) and CSC will pay back your coverage expense up to 50% (of course there is quite bunch paperwork to do)... so I if maybe you've got really bad disease better use international insurance.

I would recommend obtaining medical insurance here. I am British and generally the free medical care is good in the UK. Perhaps because of this I simply went with the scholarship insurance without thinking it through as much as I should have. I also won a scholarship and for the first time in my life became quite ill during that period. The insurance meant I could go to the university hospital which was very poor (during an oral examination the doctor tried use a metal device that was slightly rusted, the hospital was in a state). 

I eventually paid myself for a check up in an international clinic but it was expensive. During the same year a fellow scholarship student badly hurt her leg. Because it was serious, she was taken to the major hospital that the insurance permitted. Again it was poor and they couldn't assist her. She received an operation that allowed her to walk normally only when back home in Europe. 

I understand that my friend and I are a very limited pool but it wasn't nice and I would recommend the piece of mind that good insurance affords. 

• Like 1