Chinese-Forums

CSC

liu xia

洋人丹,

Thank you for that information. I have come across such an age stipulation on the various local government scholarship pages so I see that it can apply to the CGS as well. I can put those concerns aside now; I am under 45 so I would try to slip in as a "general scholar". I can be general and I can be a scholar.

I also would like to apply for the Chongqing Municipal Government Scholarship and the Beijing Government Scholarship as a back-up plan in case the CGS application doesn't pan out for me.

The Chongqing Municipal Government Scholarship states a similar stipulation: 

Applicants for general scholar program must have completed at least two years of undergraduate study and be under the age of 45. All subjects including Chinese language are available.

The Beijing Government Scholarship is even more generous on the age issue:

e. Applicants for general scholar program must have bachelor’s degree or completed at least two years of undergraduate studies and be under the age of 50. 
f. Applicants for long term language studies must have senior high school diploma and be under the age of 60.

I hear you. I have been whipped into a frenzy gathering as much information about this as possible and doing a mental note of where all my documents are for when it comes time to prepare them. It's exciting and exhausting! I should simmer down but continue to gather information. December/January seems so far away for this, but it'll be here before we know it!

Continued good luck on the notary issue. I can see where they are coming from in protecting themselves against fake documents, but it can still be a headache for us humble scholarship applicants!  :wink:

Warm regards,
Chris Two Times 

Yeah, I'd say go for it. Having back-ups is always good. I plan on applying to my school's scholarship, the city government scholarship, and then through the embassy. I'm bound to get one of them.  :lol:

Yeah it looks like the notary stuff got figured out. The people at my uni don't know what they are talking about, and it took talking to a number of people before speaking to someone who actually knew how to do their job. Joy.

洋人丹,

You've got a lot of scholarship options there--nice! Indeed, go for it!

Glad to hear you got the notary stuff figured out. One hurdle jumped...and many more ahead!

I just downloaded a previous application from the CSC to give it a look and prepare filling it out.

I think the hardest question for me to answer will be:

"c).申请院校/Preferences of Institutions of Higher Education in China:

I.________________________ II. ________________________ III._______________________"

Which three? Which three? I am happy studying anywhere really; however, since I am already in Beijing, I may just try to stay here for another year and go get my learn on.

I previously lived in Sichuan and while I got used to Sichuanhua, it really took some bending of the ear to do so; I have to be honest, Sichuanhua doesn't always sound so nice to my ears. On the other hand, just last night in the cafe I was listening to others speaking the clearest Putonghua which sounded really nice and I thought: "This is great! I only want more and more of this!", hence, another reason I wish to remain in Beijing.

Haha! The sands of the hourglass continue to run down until the CSC 2015 application window opens!

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

application-form-for-chinese-government-scholarship.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

pipet,

I believe some time after January 1, 2015, the scholarship application process will begin. Keep an eye on the chinese-forums for details of the application start date and agency numbers. Like last year, I'm sure many, many people will chime in with questions and answers about the scholarship when it is time to prepare and turn in applications. You are not alone and other people will provide lots of valuable tips and advice.

In the meantime I advise you to look at what people wrote about the 2014 application process to get a better idea about it and to begin planning your application--lots of people wrote lots of great, helpful things. In this particular thread alone on page one, shuoshuo and mazi posted some great advice. Both of them applied for and got the Chinese Government Scholarship in 2014 and are now studying in China.

Also, use this time immediately before the application opens to explore the various universities and their academic programs to get a better idea of what you would like to study and to choose some universities that most appeal to you. That's what I have been doing in the month of October.

Stay tuned!

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

grawrt,

I am in the process of visiting several university campuses in Beijing just to get a feel for the various university environments here in the capital. I visited the BLCU campus yesterday and headed to the bookstore tucked away in the SE corner of the campus.

I gotta say, that is a fantastic bookstore with basically everything that a learner of Chinese could want. I plunked down 200 kuai on a book about Chinese grammar, a vocabulary list booklet for HSK Level 5, and a couple of books in English about linguistics. Great stuff! I don't know if I could go to BLCU because I would always be going to that bookstore and spending a lot of money on study materials!  8)

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

@ Chris Two Times,

Haha yess the bookstore is sweet, I didn't dare walk in though, just hovered from outside. But my roommate went inside and she said it was hard for her to just buy one book. lol.

You're from the US right? This year I've only bumped into two other scholarship students from the US, and they were both friends from the same school. Honestly, I think there aren't many Americans applying for the scholarship, so you'd probably have a good chance getting in, but I might be wrong (maybe they're else where?? who knows).

Are you set on studying in Beijing?

grawrt,

Yeah, there was NO WAY I was just going to walk out of that bookstore with one book or no books. Good thing I put some extra "Mao" (as in 100 yuan bills 8) ) in my pocket before I set out. Oof. Ah well, I am very happy with my purchase and those books should come in handy.

I am pretty set on staying in Beijing to study. I love it that there are so many decent universities here and that, for the most part, I can understand the putonghua that people speak here. I am really warming up to this city.

I am thinking about putting BLCU as one of my three chosen universities on my application. I am from the U.S. We shall see how this application process ends up for me. Many thanks for your encouraging words!

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

Guys is there any chance of me getting the CSC scholarship? I was on the confucious institute scholarship last year, and I failed one of my class, didn't do so well on my first semester class, it was because it was hard for me. But now I am getting better, and I can do and will try harder. I also failed the HSK by 30 pts. I don't have a degree and still have 3 years left until I graduate. I live in NYC. I want to know if I can still apply for the 1 or 2 year language program, I want to really improve my Chinese and this is the best time to do so. There is no information on how to apply for the language program on the CSC website, can someone help?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a dumb question for those who have gone through application process: Do I need two sets of all the material or just one? Different places seem to give different information. For example, applying directly to the school, to I need to copies of everything? What about the embassy? 

If anyone can tell me how they did it in the past let me know. Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
@英泰inte

yes. Do you know where can i find info when it is available(perhaps some other website dedicated for people who wish to recieve this scholarship)? I have notarized photocopy of my diploma and a highschool transcipt. What can i do to prepare? I can get them translated to English if need be. and I do not know my agency no should i call my embassy for that?(can't find it online)

I do not speak any chinese apart from basic sentences but i think they offer language course for a year or two and i want to study in China for my undergraduate degree ( i think it is 5-6 years in total if you include the language course ). 

thank you very much!

@pipet

hehe compared to these forums, i don't know anywhere else where people are so dedicated about the CSC scholarship. the most i saw is a few blog posts and university pages introducing the scholarship. there could be a secret society out there somewhere haha, but these forums are the best one i know. when the new year comes, there'll probably be lots of info on this site. then there's also http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/indexen.aspx :)

wow! hey....good job for planning early :clap ! have you seen the application form? i can send you a link, i think it'll help you prepare for what to send later on, we still have many months before its due though haha. http://www.tjut.edu.cn/gjjy/government.jsp try to think of some schools that sound interesting to you. do you know where to find the list of schools?

and about the embassy numbers....here's a list someone posted in another discussion. see if you can find your country's embassy number

10006 - Beihang Univ. (BUAA)
10007 - Beijing Institute of Technology
10008 - Univ. of Science and Technology Beijing
10010 - Beijing Univ. of Chemical Tech.
10013 - Beijing Univ. of Posts and Telecommunications
10019 - China Agricultural Univ (CAU)
10022 - Beijing Forestry Univ.
10026 - Beijing University of Chinese Medicine
10027 - Beijing Normal Univ.
10028 - Capital Normal Univ.
10029 - Capital Institute of Physical Educations
10030 - Beijing Foreign Studies University
10031 - Beijing International Studies Univ.
10032 - Beijing Language and Culture Univ.
10034 - Central Univ. of Finance and Economics
10036 - Univ. of International Business and Economics
10038 - Capital Univ. of Business and Economics
10040 - China Foreign Affairs Univ.
10043 - Beijing Sport University
10045 - Central Conservatory of Music
10047 - Central Academy of Fine Arts
10048 - The Central Academy of Drama
10050 - Beijing Film Academy
10052 - Central University For Nationalities
10053 - China University of Political Science and Law
10054 - North China Electric Power University
10055 - Nankai University
10056 - Tianjin Univ.
10057 - Tianjin Univ. of Science and Technology
10062 - Tianjin Medical University
10063 - Tianjin Univ. of Traditional Chinese Medicine
10065 - Tianjin Normal Univ
10066 - Tianjin Univ. of Technology and Education
10068 - Tianjin Foreign Studies Univ. (TFSU)
10140 - Liaoning University
10141 - Dalian Univ. of Technology
10145 - Northeastern University
10151 - Dalian Maritime Univ.
10159 - China Medical University
10161 - Dalian Medical University
10165 - Liaoning Normal University
10166 - Shenyang Normal University
10172 - Dalian Univ. of Foreign Languages
10173 - Dongbei Univ of Finance and Economics
10183 - Jilin University
10184 - Yanbian Univeristy
10186 - Changchun Univ. of Science and Technology
10200 - Northeast Normal Univ.
10201 - Beihua Univ.
10203 - Jilin Normal Univ.
10210 - Heilongjiang Univ.
10213 - Harbin Institute of Technology
10217 - Harbin Engineering Univ.
10222 - Jiamusi University
10224 - Northeast Agriculture Univ.
10231 - Harbin Normal University
10246 - Fudan Univ.
10247 - Tongji Univ.
10248 - Shanghai Jiao Tong Univ.
10251 - East China Univ. of Science and Technology
10252 - Univ. of Shanghai for Science and Tech.
10255 - Donghua Univ.
10268 - Shanghai Univ. of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
10269 - East China Normal University
10270 - Shanghai Normal Univ.
10271 - Shanghai International Studies Univ.
10272 - Shanghai Univ. of Finance and Economics (SUFE)
10277 - Shanghai Univ. of Sport
10278 - Shanghai Conservatory of Music
10280 - Shanghai University
10284 - Nanjing Univ.
10285 - Soochow Univ.
10286 - Southeast University
10287 - Nanjing Univ. of Aeronautics and Astronautics
10288 - Nanjing Univ. of Science and Technology
10290 - China Univ. of Mining and Technology
10294 - Hohai University
10295 - Jiangnan University
10300 - Nanjing Univ. of Information Science and Tech.
10307 - Nanjing Agricultural University
10315 - Nanjing Univ of Chinese Medicine
10335 - Zhejiang University
10337 - Zhejiang Univ of Technology
10338 - Zhejiang Sci-Tech Univ.
10345 - Zhejiang Normal Univ.
10355 - China Academy of Art
10357 - Anhui University
10358 - Univ. of Science and Technology of China (USTC)
10359 - Hefei Univ. of Technology
10370 - Anhui Normal Univ.
10384 - Xiamen Univ.
10403 - Nanchang Univ.
10408 - Jingdezhen Ceramic Institute
10422 - Shandong University
10423 - Ocean University of China
10445 - Shandong Normal University
10459 - Zhengzhou University
10486 - Wuhan University
10487 - Huazhong Univ of Science and Tech
10491 - China Univ. of Geosciences (Wuhan)
10497 - Wuhan Univ. of Technology
10504 - Huazhong Agricultural Univ.
10511 - Huazhong Normal University
10520 - Zhongnan Univ. of Economics and Law
10560 - Shantou University
0081 - Embassy of P.R. China in Albania
0121 - Embassy of P.R. China in Algeria
0241 - Embassy of P.R. China in Angola
0281 - Embassy of P.R. China in Antigua and Barbuda
0311 - Embassy of P.R. China in Azerbaijan
0321 - Embassy of Argentina in P.R. China
0361 - Consulate - General of P.R. China in Sydney
0401 - Embassy of P.R. China in Austria
0441 - Embassy of P.R. China in Bahamas
0481 - Embassy of Bahrain in P.R. China
1041 - Embassy of P.R. China in Myanmar
1081 - Embassy of P.R. China in Burundi
1121 - Embassy of P.R. China in Byelorussia
1321 - Embassy of P.R. China in Cape Verde
1401 - Embassy of P.R. China in Central Africa
1441 - Embassy of P.R. China in Sri Lanka
1481 - Embassy of P.R. China in Chad
1521 - Embassy of P.R. China in Chile
1701 - Embassy of P.R. China in Colombia
1741 - Embassy of P.R. China in Comores
1781 - Embassy of P.R. China in the Republic of Congo
1801 - Embassy of P.R. China in the Democratic Republic of Congo
1881 - Embassy of P.R. China in Costa Rica
1911 - Embassy of P.R. China in Croatia
1921 - Embassy of Cuba in P.R. China
1961 - Embassy of P.R. China in Cyprus
2031 - Embassy of P.R. China in Czech
2041 - Embassy of P.R. China in Benin
2081 - Embassy of P.R China in Denmark
2121 - Embassy of P.R. China in Dominica
2141 - Office of Development Commercial of P.R. China in Dominicana
2181 - Embassy of P.R. China in Ecuador
2261 - Embassy of P.R. China in Equatorial Guinea
2301 - Embassy of P.R. China in Ethiopia
2321 - Embassy of P.R. China in Eritrea
2331 - Embassy of P.R. China in Esthonia
2421 - Embassy of P.R. China in Fiji Islands
2461 - Embassy of P.R. China in Finland
8041 - Embassy of P.R. China in Ukraine
8071 - Embassy of P.R. China in Macedonia
8081 - Embassy of P.R. China in Egypt
8261 - Embassy of P.R. China in United Kingdom
8341 - Embassy of P.R. China in Tanzania
8401 - Embassy of P.R. China in U.S.A.
8581 - Embassy of P.R. China in Uruguay
8601 - Embassy of P.R. China in Uzbekistan
8621 - Embassy of P.R. China in Venezuela

do you know what school you want to apply for? i think the scholarship lets us choose three, then they pick one (usually it's the first one you chose). see if you can research a little about the school and city you'd want to go to. remember, you will probably be there for 5 - 6 years!! maybe the school you want to go even has members here that are there now. :mrgreen:

i hope it helps you a little bit...keep asking questions if you need help ok? :)

• 2 weeks later...

...and all of a sudden it's mid-December and the 2015-2016 CSC application process is just around the corner and will soon open. I am eager to get started on this...I'm finalizing my three choices for universities.

Good luck to all who submit applications for the 2015-2016 academic year!

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a dumb question for those who have gone through application process: Do I need two sets of all the material or just one? Different places seem to give different information. For example, applying directly to the school, to I need to copies of everything? What about the embassy? 

Two copies? I saw here "Application Documents (in duplicate)":

http://en.csc.edu.cn/laihua/scholarshipdetailen.aspx?cid=97&id=3157

I am going to go ahead and prepare two copies of everything and submit both to the Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC.

Anyone else preparing their applications?

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times