Chinese-Forums

Is there such city, place, region in China where:

sangajtam

Language is as close as possible to standard mandarin

No snakes, spiders or any animals that could kill you or hurt you

No earthquakes, floods, or any other natural disasters

Temperature all year about 10 to 20 Celsius, no hot heat.

People are nice, no terrorists

And where is need for computer guys, IT, programmers.

Beijing actually fits most of that description, with the following exceptions:

- Sometimes there's flooding, which has been known to cause deaths, the drainage system is atrocious

- Not all people are nice (but really, where in the world is everyone nice?)

Of course, Beijing also has its own share of problems not on your list...

Is there a place anywhere in the world that has 10-20 degrees weather all year round?

For the no terrorists, you're good for most of China and Taiwan. For the need for computer types, keep in mind that you'll be competing with local computer types, some of whom will be at least as skilled as you are and all of whom speak Chinese better than you.

For the rest, consider Taiwan. Lovely weather, although it easily goes over 20 degrees. Nice people, no terrorists. Dialect is spoken, but you can learn fine Mandarin there. There are large cockroaches but that doesn't have to be a problem. No danger from animals to speak of. There are typhoons and earthquakes sometimes, but these, too, are usually not a problem.

The 10°-20° part is the hard part I doubt there are many such cities in the world, the only one I can think of that's close climate-wise in the US is Seattle. The only city in the world I've heard of that really stays between 20° & 10° is Bogota, Colombia (it probably is necessary for some pretty specialized geographic conditions to pertain in order to achieve a narrow 10°-20° band). So just switch to Spanish--Bogota is considered the standard for Latin American Spanish.

Ocean islands often have such climate too. Lots of water around to regulate temperature. Azores and Madeira are both between 10 and 25 degrees all year around.

In China, though, most standard Mandarin is typically in the North, and that's definitely a different kind of climate. Taiwan is probably the best bet, though it does get really hot in the summer.

The Azores, Madeira, A Coruña, stop making me jealous!!!

Back to China--since it's an island & at a favorable latitude, who knows maybe Diaoyutai/Senkaku Island fits the bill climate-wise? Of course it's a desert island & on top of that you might get hit by a stray bullet.

I think your best bet would be a climatized clean room/building.

If you're not too strict the individual demands are probably fairly easy to meet. The combination is probably not available anywhere on the globe unless artificially created.