Chinese-Forums

Where can I find the cheapest institute for learning Chinese Mandarin?

dave_the_rave

I have heard there are institutes the cost 7000rmb for full year Chinese course fees but I don't where to look for it; can you please suggest me a site or the institutes which offer these price range. Please advice.

Thank you

P.S. Currently I have found 11000/- year full Chinese course minimum (not including dorm)

Bear in mind that 'cheapest institute' and 'decent quality of course/teachers' are usually at opposite ends of the spectrum.

If cost is your sole consideration in making a decision, you'll likely find out the reason why things were so cheap after it's too late to change things.

Even then, the visa is tied to the school you'll be studying at and can be cancelled by them also.  I also imagine it's no good getting a visa to a school in a small town in Henan if you're wanting to be living in Shanghai or somewhere else.

If you go for university program you will get your desired 1 year visa... but you have to attend classes or they might report you to local authorities...

The same applies to private schools. My own experience with private schools: the maximum length they can offer is six months with the F Visa, many of them will not be able to get you the X Visa (few can).

So the key here is to negotiate in advance with a school what is the minimum amount of tuition hours a week that can get you the Visa, if saving money is what you care about. If they agree to get you the F visa with lets say attending 4 hours a week (maybe not worth the trouble for them) then you could be paying in a small town 50hour/800month plus the Visa handling costs which you will certainly pay for.

That could mean without accomodation 8000 yuan for 10 months...

• Like 1

Dave...

Use this site: http://www.cucas.edu.cn

Otherwise, you just need to go to each individual University website, try to track down their Chinese Language course section, then look at each Universities prices individually.

Usually Universities in less popular cities are cheaper.

• Like 1

Hi Dave,

Precisely what I recommended researching was not an University program but contacting private schools. University Programs have a number of fixed hours peer week and they are normally intensive. But you might be able to obtain a F visa through a prviate school studying with them a minimum number of hours. How many hours per week allow you to get the Visa through them is what you need to investigate...

Maybe if you commit and pay in advance for lets say 6 months/6 hours a week they agree to obtain a Visa for you... But this is a just an example... You need to contact as many schools as you can and check which one is willing to offer this kind of arrangement.

Finally I just find out these Universities from cucas.edu site. Below are some of the results anyone know if the info on the site is really valid?

China University of Political Science and Law
Duration:
1 Year
Tuition Fee:
RMB 6,000 In total

Zhejiang Ocean University
Duration: 1 Year 
Tuition Fee: RMB 5,600 In total

http://school.cucas.edu.cn/course/detail?sid=304&courseid=36342

Kunming University of Science and Technology

Duration:

1 Year

Tuition Fee:

RMB 7,200 In total

http://school.cucas.edu.cn/course/detail?sid=138&courseid=27379

• 7 months later...

Do schools really even bother cancelling your visa if you don't turn up? I've always had classmates skipping class because they're "at work" or they're "in a meeting" and the teachers actually accept this as a valid excuse to skip class. Perhaps the bigger universities would cancel visas, but the smaller, cheaper universities don't care. They take on a more "whatever" attitude towards such students.