Chinese-Forums

out of memory

edelweis

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Recently (the past few weeks) I've been getting an increasing number of the following messages when trying to visit Chinese Forums, and most of today the site was unavailable at every attempt: "SQL error. An error occured with the SQL server. This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above." Not sure what that all means but thought I should post it for the possible attention of the admin here.

Not as bad as eslcafe though, where simply trying to alter one's stored email address for PM notifications will for reasons known only to Dave Sperling get your profile inactivated, resulting in what feels like or is effectively a quasi-ban. (The mods there even delete threads bringing up such problems, bunch of useless p****s!).

I've been getting the same SQL Error message too. Are the Forums being attacked by hijacked smart light bulbs (plenty of that going on these weeks), or is it something silly like an expired certificate?

There's so much good information in Chinese Forums, I would like to think that it is all safely backed up, but maybe it isn't and it's wise to save the useful links and posts as one goes along.

I've been getting the same SQL Error message too.

Me too. While in China and now in the US. As recently as last night. (This morning no problem as yet.)

What I see is exactly what Gharial posted upthread.

"SQL error. An error occured with the SQL server. This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above."