Chinese-Forums

Chinese banknotes.

Kukooart

• New Members

Hi all,

Newbie here, my name is kay, i am an artist and i am looking for low denomination Chinese banknotes to use as part of my next art project.

I am based in the UK, unfortunately i can only order high denomination notes from travel bureaus but i need all low denomination such as  5, 10, 15 & 20 yuen notes.

If there is anybody within this forum that could help me with this i would love to here from you.

I am not sure how the process of exchanging would work, but i am sure we could work something out.

Or indeed if there is anyone with any suggestions on possible other avenues i could explore again i would be grateful to here from you.

Many thanks  

Kay

I have some of these notes, do you want the actual notes or would good quality scans be good enough.

I only ask because I don't know what you what to use them for and scans may do.

I may willing to part with some of the note I have doubles of.

If you wanted them I would only need the cost of postage.

If you are interested i could scan them for you to preview.

Wasn't there a London meetup coming up? If everyone brings their small change, Kay can simply exchange it for the going rate.

Or you can perhaps put up a note in a nearby university. There are Chinese students everywhere and some of them might have some money they'd be happy to exchange with you.

• New Members

Hi all, 

Thanks for the reply`s {Ooops yes my mistake yes they obviously do not and never have had a 15 yuen note}

I am going to use them as a canvas to paint on, so i need plenty, If i say £200 sterling worth i believe that this would buy me enough to cover several canvases. I was hoping maybe someone who was traveling back to the UK or someone who knew of someone in the UK that may be able to help.???

Kay

Edited by imron
Signatures can be configured in your profile

Interesting idea.

Is it important that they are actual notes and not high quality scans?

If I remember correctly it is difficult to bring notes out of china, it used be impossible but my traveling friends have managed to bring 2-3 of each note on several occasions so that now I have an example of each of the common ones. I might be wrong about this.