Chinese-Forums

Urgent - Working/Employment VISA

arzbhatia

• New Members

Hi,

I'm a UI/UX designer with 7 years of experience and a new start-up company is looking to hire me full-time. The company office is in Shenzhen, China. However, there are huge problems in acquiring a working VISA for me. I'm only 19 years old and have no degree/diploma - However, like I mentioned, I still have 7+ years of work experience.

Do I have a way out of this? Really need to know urgently.

Thank you so much!

Officially no. You are both too young and do not have the necessary qualification (two years of work experience AFTER obtaining your degree).

However as Gato very rightly mentioned, a local visa agency might be able to help with this - exceptions are made, but this is on a case by case basis and nobody really knows why and how. Thats where an experienced agent comes in. Ask your employer to find someone.

Is the job important or is moving to China important. If the former then as a UI/UX designer you should be able to do a lot of work remotely.

Also at 19, I sincerely doubt you have 7+ years of work experience, given that by work experience people generally mean full-time, professional experience.

• Like 3

Me being the extremist...

Start your own UI/UX business in China with a Chinese partner and get your visa as an investor of the business and either CEO or General Manager.

Have your company work with them on a B2B contract basis.

-- This may or may not work and you would obtain an Employment Permit instead of a Foreign Expert Certificate.