Chinese-Forums

Chinese Books for Sale

Shelley

I have been cataloging a late friend of mine's Chinese book collection ready to sell them. I have finished the first 100 out of about 500 or so.

The cost of the books should be good value but it depends on where they need to be sent to. The greater part of the cost is likely to be the carriage.

The prices on the list are the original new price just to give an idea of their value.

Ideally the books will be sold in lots of 10 or so but some larger volumes may be cost viable to sell individually.

Condition of these books is good, they are second hand so they are in no way perfect but also they are not shabby.

In the lists to come will also be some other than English to Chinese dictionaries, text books and reference books, usually German, Dutch or French. If any one wants a particular book in other than English let me know the title and I will see if it is on the shelf :) I find it harder to catalog the foreign language ones.

ChineseBooksForSale1.xlsx

• Like 1

If you can list the Dutch books, I'd be very interested to have a look. If it's easier, you can also just list the ISBN's and I'll look them up myself.

Sorry to hear your friend passed away. It's good that s/he has a friend like you who can take care of their library like this.

If any one wants a particular book in other than English let me know the title and I will see if it is on the shelf  :) I find it harder to catalog the foreign language ones.

I can image you find it hard to catalog books in languages you don't know (very well). However I suspect that requesting just out of the blue isn't going to work very well. People assume chances are the books they want are not there or make request for books that are likely not available (assuming it's not an excessive collection). Maybe you could post a shelfie with the backs of the books, so people have an idea of what is available. Or of course as Lu suggests the isbn numbers, which is more precise, but less accesible.

What's the procedure? Send bid's in this thread, by pm, other?

Bids by PM would work. I have not done this sort of thing before. i am doing it as a favour for my friend.

It is a quite big collection, and there about 100 books not in English, and as he was Dutch most of the other languages are firstly Dutch then German then French.

I have got the ISBNs for about 300 of the English books, 100 of which i put in to the excel sheet with the info.

I could just post the ISBN numbers and let people do their own research but i wanted to include as much info to make it simple for people.

If just the iISBNs would work, I will post those in the next day or so.

I think what I wil do is carry on doing the info for the English/Chinese books as we want comprehensive list anyway. And when i visit again the beginning of November i will take the ISBN no. for the foreign language books and post those.

Some of the books English and others are to old for ISBN so I will do the best I can with titles. I may resort to taking pictures of the more obscure.

• 2 months later...

I have finally managed to get round to cataloging the Dutch/German books or at least about one third of them. I am only going to post the ISBNs as I have no real way of working anymore out.

Any sensible offers plus P&P will be considered for any of the books for sale.

DutchGermanISBN.docx