Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship for Fall 2015

ithelps

I want to know when can I begin to submit my application or apply for 2015? The laihua online application is avaliable, but from the previous discussion, it doesn't start until next year around jan or feb. A little confused.

Also when I apply to the university via online application, does that mean I am automatically applied to the school of my 3 choosing? I don't have to apply directly to the school again, do i? I want to do a 1 year language.

• 2 weeks later...

ithelps,

I'm from NYC too, I didn't bother talking with my embassy. I just followed the instructions and submitted it. I don't think the local embassy matters much because you need to send your application to DC, not the NYC embassy. I know NYC has one but they don't list it under the CSC links so I didn't send my package to them and I wouldn't advise you to either (especially if they've never heard of it).

For the three choices I think you're automatically applied to just the first one and if they reject you it goes down the list. I'm currently a language scholar (1 year) at BLCU. I didn't get a pre-admissions notice, or even apply for BLCU. I just put it in my three choices. Some time around may I was contacted by the scholarship council telling me I got it but if I wanted to secure a spot at a school I could get a pre-admission letter and fax it to them. I didn't. Of course, If you care where you're going I guess that makes a choice in your decision to include the pre-admission letter or not.

Hope this helps. Good luck~!

P.S, even if you are a language scholar it wont hurt to try and include everything.

• Like 1

@ithelps

Yeah, like Grawt said you don't go through the NY consulate you want to go through the Embassy in DC.  Here is the contact info for Bu Huangfang and she's the one you'd wanna ask questions of.

http://www.sino-education.org/english/contactus.htm

ALOT of info is on the sino-education.org/english that will be useful.  But yeah.. I totally understand the stress XD

Actually.. I have a question if anyone might have an idea.  I am applying for CSC 2015 but I'm also getting married in the next few months.  I'm worried if I change my name it might cause problems?  I want to change my name but I'm worried about doing it.  I definitely won't have my name changed before I apply in January.

My last name will be changing from "Heckman" to "Lu" and I want the dang shortness for a last name lolol.  

Anyway, if anyone knows I would be grateful.

Okay thanks guys, I will give it a look. If i send my application in early, is it better?

also for the essay, should it be in Chinese or English? If i write it in English I don't think the Chinese will notice any grammer errors

also how do i know when the application begins? The site from laihua is avaliable but i can't find information if it's open or not, the application

@ithelps

OK this is my first post and all but trust me on this. We met Bu Huanfang in person at the embassy and traded emails: buhuanfang @ sino-education.org . From talking to her I think she speaks more 中文 than english...is your 中文 good?

I thought it was weird how that website donglian gave didn't have any emails.

anyways, I hope this can help you :) (haha first posts are always a little scary)

Thank you so much. I spent one year last year in Nanjing so my Chinese is pretty good.

I remember my first post 2 years ago, i was asking so much questions on this forum. Don't worry about that first post, you soon will be spamming haha. I glad and honored to know that your first post is on my started thread

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There's not an "official" post about this this year? Anyways.

Does anyone know when the deadline is? I'm seeing March for two years ago and up above someone said Feb? Has any clearer information surfaced for anyone?

Secondly. I'm living in Shanghai right now. Anyone know where I could get this pain in the butt Medical Exam done without squashing my fragile bank account?

Thanksthanks.

Quick question about this info

Chinese Government Scholarship supports the following 7 programs.

1. Bilateral Program

This includes full or partial scholarships in accordance with educational exchange agreements or MOUs between the Chinese government and governments of other countries, institutions, universities and international organizations. It supports undergraduate programs, master’s programs, doctoral programs, general scholar programs and senior scholar programs.

Applicants shall apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas study in their home countries.

2. Chinese University Program

A full scholarship to support Chinese universities in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. It only supports master’s programs and doctoral programs.

Applicants shall apply to the designated Chinese universities undertaking this program.

3. Great Wall Program

A full scholarship for the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to sponsor students and scholars in developing countries to study and research in China. It only supports general scholar programs and senior scholar programs.

Applicants shall apply to the National Commissions for UNESCO in their home countries.

4. EU Program

A full scholarship to encourage students from EU member countries to study and research in China in order to promote mutual understanding between China and EU members. It supports undergraduate programs, master’s programs, doctoral programs, general scholar programs and senior scholar programs.

Applicants shall apply to the Office for Education and Culture, Mission of P. R. China to the European Union.

5. AUN Program

A full scholarship for ASEAN University Network (AUN) to enhance the academic exchange and mutual understanding between China and ASEAN members. It only supports master’s programs and doctoral programs.

Applicants shall apply to AUN Secretariat.

6.PIF Program 

A full scholarship to encourage students from Pacific island countries to study in China. It supports undergraduate programs, master’s programs, doctoral programs, general scholar programs and senior scholar programs.

Applicants shall apply to Pacific Islands Forum (PIF) Secretariat.

7.WMO Program

A partial scholarship (including a tuition fee waiver, free on-campus accommodation and Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme) to sponsor international students to study and research in meteorology, hydrology, and water resources supervision and management in China. It only supports undergraduate programs and graduate programs.

Applicants shall apply to World Meteorological Organization (WMO).

http://en.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/scholarshipdetailen.aspx?cid=97&id=2070

So would applying for a Chinese Language scholarship from the US fall under the Bilateral Program?

@ 金妙漪: I will personally do it in January or February just to be sure, better safe than sorry.

@ TyO: I'm not sure if I will answer your question correctly, but when you will apply for your CSC scholarship (here: http://laihua.csc.edu.cn/inscholarship/jsp/student/StudentLogin.jsp), you have to choose " CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP".

You can also check this thread with a lot of infos: http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/42466-csc-scholarship-2014-general-discussion/