Chinese-Forums

Undergraduate scholarships question

Henry9663

Hello, my name is Henry and this is my first post, so I'm pleased to meet you all  :wink: . To be blunt I require resources on how I can apply for undergraduate study in China. Today I received my HSK 4 results and was overjoyed to learn I achieved 300/300 and as such will be taking the HSK 5 in January. This has given me the confidence to want to attempt to study on a scholarship, however I don't know the first thing about China scholarships - the ones I have looked up typically subsidise undergraduate degrees in areas such as Chinese Culture, History, Language and Literature, which is not really my interest. So I wish to know if there are any scholarships that relate to undergraduate degrees in Mathematics, Physics and Engineering etc. I would be really grateful if someone could provide a list. I am currently studying Mathematics, Further Mathematics and Physics A-Levels. Thanks a lot.

A couple of unrelated questions:

How does one say a box of cigarettes? 是不是一包烟?

Also, I am wandering if there is a difference between 一旦 and 当. My meaning here is when they are used as "when"(not the question).