Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - January / February Stipend

geometry

Hi,

I have a quick question for CSC scholarship recipients. There's normally supposed to be a living stipend provided by the universities in both January and February (despite them being months without classes), right?

The reason I ask is because my university is saying that there's no money to be given out during these months...however I'm pretty certain this is a lie because I have acquaintances at other universities, in and outside of the city I'm studying in who are all getting the living stipend for these two months.

I'm pretty furious because it seems pretty clear to me that the school is taking the money for their own use, but I'm not sure what steps I can take to get the money..if any. Would contacting the CSC be of any use? If anyone has any advice to offer, it'd be gladly appreciated. 

Which university is this?

I guess you could report it to CSC, the Chinese embassy in your own country, and your country's embassy in China and see what may happen; letting as many parties as possible be aware of this could be a good first step even if nothing immediately happens--building awareness that this is going on will be good for the future.

Best of luck in this!

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

I backtrack and second roddy's suggestion as a good first path of action to take--I feel that is the best way to act in the Chinese context.

[added later]: Haha! I just read the "fine print" at the end of roddy's post.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times