Chinese-Forums

美食温泉

Mouseneb

Hi all! I'm reading an article about a local greenway and I'm a bit confused by the phrase 美食温泉 in the following sentence:

万宁兴隆慢行绿道以兴隆热带花园为中心,全长约30千米,分成花海生态、雨林植物、乡野村落、侨乡文化和美食温泉等五类风格迥异的绿道体验段。:

I know what 美食 is, and what 温泉 is, but I don't know why they seem to be combined here into just one of the five categories.

I'm inclined to think that the local cuisine has not much to do with the hot springs, but.... are they eating dinner in there? Seems like it could get a bit messy.

Anybody have an an idea?

Thanks!

It's most likely a spa and restaurant area with hot springs and fine dining. It's probably lumped as one area for those who want the hot-spring and fine dining experience, compared to the village-like experience of 鄉野村落.

I usually see 溫泉美食, like in the case of 椰林溫泉美食餐廳, a restaurant in the Beitou district of Taipei (the area is known for its hot-springs). Then it's fine dining, with a spa-twist, so fresh ingredients and food cooked with herbs and spices that can relax or cleanse the body.