Chinese-Forums

Fun Youku channel

roddy

Very hard to figure out where they're shot - some of the videos seem to say at the start which cities they're filmed in, like this one on 跨国婚姻. (which actually isn't about that, although there's a bit at 3:30 which almost is). 

Even the video editors made fun of that guy...

Loving it! 

Since here opening tudou or youku is a pain I tried searching on youtube and there is a youtube 神街访 channel too. lucky~

The video are not numbered and I'm not sure there's all of them (or some other random videos thrown in the middle...). but still.

watched the "are you virgin? (taiwan version)" and "strangest year-end bonus" 

cute & funny. thanks for sharing : )

edit: in "craziest thing you've done in 2014" video at 00:26 definitely looks like Xinjiekou in Nanjing

edit(2): the video "internet hot topics in 2014" shows the places these videos are usually taken: Xidan and Zhongguancun in Beijing, Jinan, Hefei, Xinjiekou in Nanjing, Guangzhou.

• Like 1

A lot of the fun in these videos comes from seeing how native speakers react to sensitive/private questions like "are you a virgin" and "what's the furthest base you've been to". The interviewers are really forward about asking probing follow-up questions, which just increases the effect.

A great resource for conversational Chinese.

There's a new one up, What are you most looking forward to about Spring Festival (although the asked questions never seem to tally that well with the ones actually used). 

The Tudou link doesn't play for me here in the UK, it's also on Youku. No wait, Tudou has started...

Hmm, this one wasn't that interesting. They get massive brownie points for finding a Chinese-speaking foreigner, and not putting him on until after the credits... 

These are great. Every episode has a couple of new slang words I'd never heard of before (the Taiwan “你是处男吗?” one had a ton, although I guess that's not surprising giving the vocabulary differences). Also great listening practice for exposure to a wide variety of accents.

Edit: watching another Taiwan one now, #17. 03:52 - “看他有不有钱吧”.

:shock:

(I feel like there was a thread about this a while back?)

• Like 1