Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

Firstly, I need to say that I'm kind of sad to find this useful website a bit late. And I don't know if I'm too late to ask these questions because the last post under this topic was written a few months earlier. But still I would like to give it a try.  

I'm a university student who is about to graduate. And I also applied for Chinese Government Scholarship by sending required documents to Nanjing University Of Aeronautics and Astronautics at the end of March. And I chose to do my master degree on International Trade ( taught in English ). Afterwards in mid-May I had an email from the university which says something like "Dear student, I have sent your documents to CSC and we look forward to seeing you in autumn" (this is a summary of the message that I had ).  So my questions are :

1-)   Have I already been accepted ? Or the result is gonna be released by CSC ? 
2-)  And could somebody clearly explain me if the money that I will be given would be enough for me to live there without any extra support because I have no other resources providing me with money.

I'm not sure if anyone can tell you that unless they lived in Nanjing.  The money is the same regardless of where you are so you'll have less buying power in Shanghai vs say, where I'm trying to go, Anshan.

You'll have to either find someone living there, or do some nifty math based on what google estimates the cost of living. Lots of variables at play there. I would recommend ANYONE having some money saved up though... I delayed a year going to China just to save up!!

Because even if day to day you're ok, emergencies can always arise.  I think the general consensus if you're in a city like Beijing and Shanghai you might have a hard time living on the stipend, but if you're in an area with a  much lower cost of living, if you're smart, you can make it work.

• Like 2

Oh and regarding your first question, it's probably a very good chance you'll get it, but until you get confirmation from CSC, you don't REALLY know (but you probably can plan for it a bit and get prepared)

• Like 1

Okay guys so...

almost June and no news. But we have to be positive, time is passing by really fast and June will be over in a blink. Good luck to everyone.

If there is someone applying through the OAS that has any new information I will be very glad if you could post here.

@M.KemalYildirim

Are you Turkish also ? Did you win scholarship from embassy or you just applied through University ?

CSC has given 17 spots for scholarships to Turkish students that applied through embassy. 

• Like 1

US Embassy advised for their applicants the soonest we will hear is June.. but it can be as late as July.  I don't think anyone can expect a response before June.. and even first week or two of June.

@M.KemalYildirim2-)  And could somebody clearly explain me if the money that I will be given would be enough for me to live there without any extra support because I have no other resources providing me with money

As a Master's student, you will be getting 3000RMB per month. That is more than enough to live in Nanjing especially considering that a few months ago Master's students were getting 1700 RMB and were doing just fine. 

I hope this helps!

• Like 1

@DongLian 

Thank you so much for your enlightining explanations. And I totally agree with you on the matter of saving up some money before go to China.

@Dongfeng

I have applied for the scholarship after I saw an announcement of it including Nanjing University Of Aeronautics and Astronautics. And I made my application through my university, I got two reccomendation letters from my professors and I wrote a study plan plus some more information relating to me then I directly sent all of them to the other side by an email. So I guess I have no chances to get those 17 scholarships, correct ? And yes, I'm from Turkey :).

@BITstudent

I really thank you so much, to me as a poor student :) it has been honestly encouraging !

@Angelina

It exactly sounds Turkish :). But just to give some further information, it means thunder ^^. Cool huh ?

@Gsx1992

I totally agree with you this wait really sucks, and at the same time I have to deal with my final exams. Though the first one was quite good now, I gotta take the rest 8 ones :)

Hello Gsx1992,

I also applied to BIT. I would like to ask a few questions, I hope you do not mind: Did you apply directly to BIT or through your embassy? Has BIT told you if you were pre-selected? What about your status on Laihua, has it changed?

Hi,

I applied directly for a postgraduate course(masters). BIT sent me the pre-admission notice in April and I paid the application fee of 600 rmb as they requested. My status on laihau says currently checking, but i've been told that may not change even when you are accepted!

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions

@SeaChele - Yes, the award letter is the document that secures your spot. Alternatively, you could have asked your first-choice university to send your application to CSC after you received the award letter (but there isn't much of a difference). It is normal for you not to have heard back from anyone.

• Like 2

@Gsx1992 - I wouldnt pay any attention to the status of your Laihua application. If I remember correctly, last year a few people who applied directly to Tsinghua (could've been another uni, but I think it was Tsinghua) saw their status changed after "checking", it had info about their CSC number and I can remember what else. They were the first ones who had their scholarship status confirmed. The rest of us never saw any change after "checking".

Last year, the few students here who never had their status changed from "submitted" are the ones who were unlucky and never heard back from CSC. I can't remember if anyone who had their status kept to "submitted" were eventually awarded the scholarship.

I had some problems with my CGS application, so I was yesterday contacted by a Fudan representative informing me that I have been nominated by the university and I should quickly-quickly re-submit my form. It was an unexpected message and I am not sure what to think of that. What should I gather from the fact that Fudan has nominated me for Chinese Government Scholarship? I am pleasantly surprised, but I don't even know my university result ...

@M.KemalYildirim

If csc gonna be cheap about it, yes they will only give scholarship to 17 students with embassy recommendation. But I think that is most unlikely scenario to happen.

Btw did you send foreigner physical examination form ? Seems like no doctor wants to sign/stamp a paper thats not Turkish in Turkey.

• Like 1