Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

@Tumi...

thanks for replying! I will contact the embassy today for me to be assured...From which country did you apply? for which program? could you add me as a friend? I would like you to share with me the email you received first from CSC.

@dgenx it's been said many times in this and previous years that the status doesn't mean anything as far as submitted and checking are concerned. Every year someone has this "theory" and every year there are exceptions. 

The only status that might be a problem is the "application is already retrieved" or something like that because the application won't be able to be seen or something like that.

Seriously.. trust those who've read the forums for a couple years when they say it's never a hard and fast rule. Most will say 'checking' if they're submitted but 'checking' doesn't mean you'll get the scholarship and there are people who get it whose status is still 'submitted'.  

• Like 1

hi people going through your posts were interesting, i am going to CQ southwest university to do master's of law in education. This is to be taught in English , and it says a full scholarship, means it will cover everything. But i am afraid if they use Chinglish to teach. 

Since i am moving to CQ with my family i cannot stay student hostile, but they are going pay rent allowance to live off-campus.

yet i haven't find any apartment in beibei, but i met an online agent who is saying to help in finding an apartment and school for a kid. i am bit afraid to proceed with a stranger.  Is it safe ?

here a link of a nice apartment but they don't speak English, there is no way to communicate with them, any Chinese native  here who solve this problems? Apartment should be near Southwest University , requirements is one room apartment with fully furnished. 

http://cq.ganji.com/fang1/1265825620x.htm

http://cq.ganji.com/fang1/1603609484x.htm

@wahunei I cannot help with a lot of that.. but my only tidbit of advice is to make sure you know what your subsidy is for.. I was under the impression they weren't doing off-campus subsidies anymore but perhaps it's only for bilateral or something. But even when there was a subsidy, it was a subsidy not a full payment so make sure it's what you expect it to be for sure!

this was the first thing I thought when I read that and wanted to make sure.. would be terrible for you to get apartment and it's only partially covered and you didn't know!!

Dear Sir/Madam,

Greetings from China Scholarship Council! Sincere congratulations on your success for winning Chinese Government Scholarship and welcome to study in China.

Please prepare your trip in advance according to the requirements. You should apply for an X visa from Chinese Embassy and register at your host university before the registration deadline. You can visit our website “study in China” (http://www.campuschina.org) and the website of your host university for more directions and guidance.

If you are not able to arrive for school registration on time, you must ask for your school’s permission in advance. Any unpermitted late registration will be regarded as declining your scholarship

If you decide to decline this scholarship offer, please email us to confirm your withdrawal.

We are looking forward to your arrival. Wish you a pleasant trip to China! 

This is what I received today Does anybody have an explanation of the next step and thank you

1) What is your native country? Cameroon, Africa
2) Where did you apply? Ministry of Education in collaboration with Chinese Embassy in Cameroon
3) When did you apply? February, 23rd 
4) When was the deadline? February, 23rd
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? NO
6) What program did you apply for? Masters in Electrical Engineering and Computer
7) What schools did you put for your preferences?  Zhejiang Normal University
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? NO
9) What agency number did you use? Can't remember
10) Where did you get your physical done? Private clinic
11) Did you get your documents notarized? Yes
12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes :)
13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? YES
14) How were you notified? The Ministry of Education in collaboration gave me a call 
15) When were you accepted/rejected? emal from CSC counsil the 30th and a call from the Ministry of Education in collaboration the 31st of Jully
16) What school and program were you accepted to? Don't know...will collect the admission package on Monday they said
17) Laihua status? I forgot my password

@Tumi you were right, I finally got a call

• Like 1

@donLian Thank you for your reply,  The subsidy housing is fixed, that is 700 Yuan, i can manage rest of them to pay rent, i am sure that they are going to pay off-campus subsidy . It is clearly written in the leaflet sent by university. i think they won't give wrong information. 

It will probably be pot luck depending on the quality of your lecturers english. Could be great, could be terrible, I have heard people report both.

As for finding an apartment I would just find one when your there as it is much better to look around. In my experience there is a lot of accommodation available. The university can probably arrange for a Chinese student to assist you in the process, or find a friend to translate for you. I have arranged an apartment within a couple of days and that was looking at quite a few to find a decent one, they can vary massively in quality and value for money so look around.

@Bjnsharp, Thank you, i am trying to arrange accommodation before i move in to CQ, so that i can process visa easily. university may not assist for arranging accommodation as they have told to arrange ourselves.  

i think in beibei it's quite cheap , i saw some listing which was quite nice between 1,000 to 18000

@stanislasdecourbel yay!!!!!!! Congrats to you!! Hopefully you got accepted to Zhejiang Normal Uni because I am the only one from my country (out of 27 students) who is going there. Keep me posted once you find out!

@toby, any luck?

@Tumi, Thanks!!!

I will be informed on Monday. I'm very happy.

@moh, that means you have been accepted/selected but if you applied through the embassy of your country, please contact them to confirm. I wish you the best

• Like 1

Well I did contact the guy from eu and he told me that they still haven't receive my papers, but hopefully at the emd of this week or next I will get it. And he told me the most important part is to get visa and air ticket.

Yeah, like I can do it without my papers lol hhhh

• New Members

Hi everyone!

I just got my scholarship offer today! I got an offer as a General Advanced - Management student taught in Chinese. I am worried because I don't speak Chinese well. Is there any way that I could get a Chinese language study first under scholarship?

Thank you! I hope you can help me!

• New Members

Hie guys

Am New to this forum. I applied for the Mofcom scholarship in June through the Chinese embassy in my country. I applied for an Msc in mining engineering. My first choice was Wuhan university of technology. Is there anyone who applied for the Mofcom scholarship and has received any news