Chinese-Forums

Opportunity for free home-stay in Jinhua, Zhejiang

Arlo_

The program doesn't seem to be specifically aimed at people who want to learn Chinese. There seems to be little free time for that between the cultural activities in the morning, publicity tasks in the afternoon, and socializing at night!
Rather it seems aimed at people who want to learn about Chinese culture, and possibly do a good deed at the same time (write about the home stays in their native languages).
So I would think that for travel bloggers, volunteers, etc. having someone in the house who understands a foreign language would actually be useful! Even if that's a schoolchild with little vocabulary.

Also I'm not sure that someone speaking only West Frisian would be selected as a participant, because blogs and articles in West Frisian might not have enough readers to be useful to the home stay program.

Anyway. If you want a home stay, you have to pay for it, in whatever form (money or work).

The compensation required for this home stay program seems quite explicit and it requires the use of your native language.

(perhaps the title of the thread is misleading in this aspect - the home stay is not free, it just doesn't require compensation in the form of a money payment).

If you're only interested in learning Chinese and don't want to have to do any kind of work in your native language, then of course you'd better choose some other program :)

• New Members

i am the person in charge of this project ,and i am also chinese .so ,if someone want to practise chinese with me ,please :)

As for the project ,i can assure you that it will be a intersting project ,up till now ,we have participants from England ,American ,Switzerland ,Germany ,Italy ,laos,and so on .

please note that the deadline for first session is April 15,2015 ,for second session is July 31,2015.

大家好,我是这个项目的负责人,也是中国人,如果谁想练习中文的话,可以找我啊,哈哈哈:)

关于这个项目,我相信这会是个比较有趣的项目,借支目前,我们已经收到了来自英国、美国、瑞士、德国、意大利、老挝等国家的申请信。

感兴趣的朋友请注意了,项目第一期的报名截止时间是4月15日,第二期的截止时间是7月21日。

• 3 months later...
  • New Members

I’m one of the organisers of this project. We just concluded the first session in Suoyuan with 39 foreign participants. We (the organisers) are quite happy with the outcome of this session.

I do not think any of our participants were asked to teach English during the project. We asked them to write a short article about their impressions after one week, these articles can be found here: http://www.jinhua-homestay.com/en/voices_suoyuan.php

In case you are interested in taking part in the second session from October 12th to November 1st this year, the application deadline is August 15th, details on the application process can be found at http://www.jinhua-homestay.com

Kind Regards,
Christoph Schubert

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • New Members

The third session of the project will be held from June 22 to July 12, 2016 in Yuyuan village, Wuyi county, Jinhua. Application deadline is April 30.

We will also invite foreign and foreign-Chinese couples to have a traditional Chinese wedding ceremony together with a shorter program from June 22 to June 29. Details and form for the online application for both activities can be found on the project's website: http://www.jinhua-homestay.com.

Kind Regards,

Christoph Schubert