Chinese-Forums

Watching Chinese TV

Nikola Hoskova

Hey guys, 

I suppose that my problem has probably been mentioned here, but, anyway - could anyone recommend me any program to watch Chinese TV? I would like to watch Chinese news on daily basis, but the TV's website's 直播 does not seem to work very often. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

I think there are many ways for you to keep up with your Chinese. 

Check out http://news.letv.com/ 

I watch a lot of shows and movies on LeTV in general. 

All mainstream Chinese video sites have mostly entertainment stuff and some news videos. I don't know if Czech IP addresses are blocked from these videos. If yes, you can find an add-on called "unblock youku" or something like that. It'll unblock the Chinese video sites for you.

Weibo and WeChat can also serve as also good sources of quick news. A lot of news outlets have Weibo and WeChat accounts that are updated daily.

Hope it helps.

Other users have done some guides to watching a Chinese program called 鏘鏘三人行。They are all interesting discussions of current topics, I've found them very helpful.

Here is the link for the episodes covered so far:

http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/42490-qqsrx-list-of-episodes/

• Like 1

One of the best resources I know of is sugoideas.com . The source material is mostly from Taiwan, but there's A LOT of it, mostly talk shows and short dramas. For a news based program, I would suggest 新聞挖挖哇. 康熙來了 is a mostly comedy-based talk show and is extremely popular both on the Mainland and in Taiwan. I know the sound effects are off putting at first, but stick with it! You really don't notice them after a while and they have some really relevant cultural topics sometimes (one I recall was about teenage mothers in Taiwan and all the hardships they have to deal with).

I always go for the sillier dramas if I'm gonna watch them. 蜂蜜幸運草 is probably my favorite that I've seen, very over-the-top humor, good characters and real-life issues are all present. My favorite Mainland TV show is 愛情公寓, essentially a Chinese version of "Friends." It's really pretty funny (especially after the first episode). 

Also, if anime is your thing, most animes aimed at teens or younger have been dubbed. Cardcaptor Sakura (百变少女 or 魔卡好女嬰), Dragon Ball (龍珠), and Detective Conan (名偵探柯南) at have at least one dub. 

I hope you find something you like! 

• Like 3