Chinese-Forums

wechat service for buying from Taobao, delivering water, etc.

trevelyan

This is a WeChat account (id: 15011016934) you can use to order stuff from Taobao, arrange couriers, get someone to come to your place for repairs, book an ayi, or do whatever else you need done. It is basically a shared secretary service:

http://wesecretary.com

I'm involved in setting this up, so feedback and suggestions on the site/service are very much welcome. Right now we're trying to figure out (1) if there is demand for something like this and (2) if we can keep it affordable enough. I personally find it quite useful for ordering stuff on Taobao and arranging for things like local water delivery, so I'm hoping it works out.

What about prices? How much for these tasks?

I reckon this could be quite popular with anyone just arriving in Beijing, with no Chinese skills and no (Chinese) friends.

From the website:

4. Do you support users outside of China? 
Yes. In the event you need a physical address in China for delivery, we can accept packages at our office and forward them to you by mail.

I experience two problems when shopping in China. Payment options and excessive international shipping rates. As a consequence I tend to seek alternatives. You clearly solve the payment issue's. Wonder what kind of shipping rates (to Europe) to expect. 

Overall there may be demand, also in other places these kind of services start to pop up. Don't know how much they're used however. For people not knowing the language, very busy or if unknown how/where to arrange things such service may be very handy. 

What about prices? How much for these tasks?

From the website:
...a 10 percent commission on all tasks

Overall there may be demand, also in other places these kind of services start to pop up.

There was one called Magic that launched for the US not so long ago.

sounds interesting, but it's a bit sparse on details.

• do you get price quotes for services/stuff you order?
  • is each member a registered user with deposited address(es)?
  • do you get your designated assistant (who also works for others of course) or is it a new person with each request?

Oh and get a better wechat ID ;-)

edit: I also think you should consider using wetransfer or other payment system rather than an initial deposit by CC. I don't know how often/much I'd use your service so I won't deposit 300rmb before I know how well it works. 

Is this really CHINA-based?  Or actually BEIJING-based?  Because those are two different things.  My experience is that Beijing foreigners frequently don't make any distinction between the two. 

My experience is that Beijing foreigners frequently don't make any distinction between the two. 

Yes, we believe if you aren't in Beijing you are probably off camping.  Maybe Shanghai is OK.  Sorry about that :-)

• 1 month later...