Learn Chinese in China
Qiaonansen

How To Memorize Chinese and Not Forget Them

5 posts in this topic

Greetings folks,

First, I enjoy this forum and I often come here and learn quite a bit. So thank you for that.

I have been studying and teaching Chinese for nearly 20 years. I have finally gotten around to writing and making videos on my experiences. Here is the latest on a system for learning and memorizing Chinese characters and vocabulary.

Your comments and feedback would be greatly appreciated. Be gentle.

Regards,

Jonathan

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

Greetings folks,

I have finally gotten around to posting about the method I used to transform my language-butchering Chinese accent into a standard and fluent one: one that leads native Chinese to think I am also Chinese when speaking with me on the phone. They are always quite surprised when they see me in person.

http://learnchinesecafe.com/how-to-speak-chinese-fluently-using-google-translate/

1 person likes this

Merging with yesterday's post. And also with a post from last year where you posted about the same article. 

Honestly, we don't need a post for every blog article. 

1 person likes this

I would recommend using actual native speech rather than a robot as a model from which to practice one's pronunciation.

For learning to speak a sentence fluidly, I think a nice method is the following.  Let's use 大学在哪里? as an example.

1) Say each character in isolation: 大,学,在,哪,里

2) Say each word: 大学,在,哪里

3) Join adjacent words: 大学在,在哪里

4) Speak the full sentence: 大学在哪里?