Chinese-Forums

Did anyone use sicas.cn to study in China ?

new_e9

What are the costs going to be? Perhaps try to make an overview of tuition, rent, costs of living, insurance etc, and then see how far a 10,000 yuan per year scholarship plus 6000 US$ will get you.

This is my conversation with their agent and see what he told me:

[6/8, 4:16 PM] Me: Hi Mr.___

[6/8, 4:17 PM] SICAS Agent: Hi

[6/8, 4:18 PM] Me: I contacted the university and asked them if they granted SICAS the right to register students on their behalf

[6/8, 4:18 PM] SICAS Agent: Ok lets stop

[6/8, 4:19 PM] Me: The univeristy confirmed that SICAS was not granted any right to work on behalf of Nanjing univerisity of aernautics and astronautics

[6/8, 4:19 PM] SICAS Agent: If you like to ask all over the world you do not need us

[6/8, 4:19 PM] SICAS Agent: Lol ,surely no any school will say that they give any institute that right

[6/8, 4:19 PM] SICAS Agent: Its so stupid question man

[6/8, 4:20 PM] SICAS Agent: Lets stop,bye for now

[6/8, 4:21 PM] Me: In your website, you include papers and you claim they're official and that Nanjing university of aeronautics and astronautics granted you the right and you signed an agreement with them

[6/8, 4:22 PM] SICAS Agent: Jasmine full Scholarship

[6/8, 4:22 PM] SICAS Agent: Why are u talking Nanjing

[6/8, 4:22 PM] SICAS Agent: Alright

[6/8, 4:22 PM] SICAS Agent: No interest to go on

[6/8, 4:22 PM] SICAS Agent: Bye for now
[6/8, 4:22 PM] SICAS Agent: Do not text me

[6/8, 4:22 PM] Me: Defend yourself

[6/8, 4:23 PM] SICAS Agent: I think you have the ability to contact other man who can help you!

[6/8, 4:23 PM] Me: You have all the rights to defend yourself

[6/8, 4:23 PM] SICAS Agent: You are not a actual student

[6/8, 4:23 PM] SICAS Agent: You maybe a agent

[6/8, 4:23 PM] Me: I don't accuse you of anything, you need to prove this so I can trust you

[6/8, 4:24 PM] SICAS Agent: Jasmine full Scholarship is sensitive to say we can guarantee

[6/8, 4:24 PM] SICAS Agent: Now you even contact school, how can we work on that

[6/8, 4:24 PM] SICAS Agent: Its not good at all

[6/8, 4:24 PM] Me: You said it's legal, and there's no problem with that ?

[6/8, 4:25 PM] SICAS Agent: How do you think its such easy to get u full Scholarship!

[6/8, 4:25 PM] Me: you asked me for 6,000 USD and that's not easy money ?

[6/8, 4:25 PM] SICAS Agent: We do legel thing!

[6/8, 4:25 PM] SICAS Agent: We are genuine admission system!

[6/8, 4:25 PM] Me: but you promised me

[6/8, 4:25 PM] Me: but the univeristy say the opposite

[6/8, 4:25 PM] Me: Ok wait
[6/8, 4:26 PM] SICAS Agent: No interest to do business with you
[6/8, 4:26 PM] SICAS Agent: Not for now,all end now
[6/8, 4:26 PM] SICAS Agent: Find other one who can help you
[6/8, 4:26 PM] Me: You want me contact the university and give you an official paper that they didn't grant you the right to work on behalf of them
[6/8, 4:26 PM] SICAS Agent: I just know we can do what we mentioned on agreement!
[6/8, 4:26 PM] Me: don't blame me, blame the university, they say you're not official
[6/8, 4:26 PM] SICAS Agent: Stop
[6/8, 4:27 PM] SICAS Agent: Bye
[6/8, 4:27 PM] Me: man listen
[6/8, 4:27 PM] Me: I don't want to accuse you of anything at all
[6/8, 4:27 PM] SICAS Agent: I am not blame you
[6/8, 4:28 PM] Me: If you can prove to me that you're working on behalf of the university, I can guarantee you, I'm going to do business with you
[6/8, 4:28 PM] SICAS Agent: You are not the good partner to cooperate
[6/8, 4:28 PM] Me: How ?
[6/8, 4:29 PM] SICAS Agent: You like to know everything. But we more focus on the results!
[6/8, 4:29 PM] SICAS Agent: Special ways to gain you Scholarship
[6/8, 4:29 PM] Me: Ok no problem
[6/8, 4:29 PM] SICAS Agent: No
[6/8, 4:29 PM] SICAS Agent: Not for now
[6/8, 4:29 PM] Me: You want your customers to pay 6,000 easy peasy ?
[6/8, 4:29 PM] SICAS Agent: No any interest till now
[6/8, 4:29 PM] SICAS Agent: Nothing to pay
[6/8, 4:30 PM] SICAS Agent: Find others who can help you
[6/8, 4:30 PM] SICAS Agent: You are not an easy student
[6/8, 4:30 PM] Me: Special way, I don't really know what do you mean by that. And you seem angry just for telling the university the whole story ?
[6/8, 4:31 PM] Me: Yes, I'm not easy
[6/8, 4:31 PM] SICAS Agent: Do not like your way
[6/8, 4:31 PM] SICAS Agent: Bye

This is my conversation with their agent and see what he told me:

[6/8, 4:16 PM] Me: Hi Mr.___
[6/8, 4:17 PM] SICAS Agent: Hi
[6/8, 4:18 PM] Me: I contacted the university and asked them if they granted SICAS the right to register students on their behalf
[6/8, 4:18 PM] SICAS Agent: Ok lets stop
[6/8, 4:19 PM] Me: The univeristy confirmed that SICAS was not granted any right to work on behalf of Nanjing univerisity of aernautics and astronautics
[6/8, 4:19 PM] SICAS Agent: If you like to ask all over the world you do not need us
[6/8, 4:19 PM] SICAS Agent: Lol ,surely no any school will say that they give any institute that right
[6/8, 4:19 PM] SICAS Agent: Its so stupid question man
[6/8, 4:20 PM] SICAS Agent: Lets stop,bye for now
[6/8, 4:21 PM] Me: In your website, you include papers and you claim they're official and that Nanjing university of aeronautics and astronautics granted you the right and you signed an agreement with them
[6/8, 4:22 PM] SICAS Agent: Jasmine full Scholarship
[6/8, 4:22 PM] SICAS Agent: Why are u talking Nanjing
[6/8, 4:22 PM] SICAS Agent: Alright
[6/8, 4:22 PM] SICAS Agent: No interest to go on
[6/8, 4:22 PM] SICAS Agent: Bye for now
[6/8, 4:22 PM] SICAS Agent: Do not text me
[6/8, 4:22 PM] Me: Defend yourself
[6/8, 4:23 PM] SICAS Agent: I think you have the ability to contact other man who can help you!
[6/8, 4:23 PM] Me: You have all the rights to defend yourself
[6/8, 4:23 PM] SICAS Agent: You are not a actual student
[6/8, 4:23 PM] SICAS Agent: You maybe a agent
[6/8, 4:23 PM] Me: I don't accuse you of anything, you need to prove this so I can trust you
[6/8, 4:24 PM] SICAS Agent: Jasmine full Scholarship is sensitive to say we can guarantee
[6/8, 4:24 PM] SICAS Agent: Now you even contact school, how can we work on that

[6/8, 4:24 PM] SICAS Agent: Its not good at all

[6/8, 4:24 PM] Me: You said it's legal, and there's no problem with that ?

[6/8, 4:25 PM] SICAS Agent: How do you think its such easy to get u full Scholarship!

[6/8, 4:25 PM] Me: you asked me for 6,000 USD and that's not easy money ?

[6/8, 4:25 PM] SICAS Agent: We do legel thing!

[6/8, 4:25 PM] SICAS Agent: We are genuine admission system!

[6/8, 4:25 PM] Me: but you promised me

[6/8, 4:25 PM] Me: but the univeristy say the opposite

[6/8, 4:25 PM] Me: Ok wait

[6/8, 4:26 PM] SICAS Agent: No interest to do business with you

[6/8, 4:26 PM] SICAS Agent: Not for now,all end now

[6/8, 4:26 PM] SICAS Agent: Find other one who can help you

[6/8, 4:26 PM] Me: You want me contact the university and give you an official paper that they didn't grant you the right to work on behalf of them

[6/8, 4:26 PM] SICAS Agent: I just know we can do what we mentioned on agreement!

[6/8, 4:26 PM] Me: don't blame me, blame the university, they say you're not official

[6/8, 4:26 PM] SICAS Agent: Stop

[6/8, 4:27 PM] SICAS Agent: Bye

[6/8, 4:27 PM] Me: man listen

[6/8, 4:27 PM] Me: I don't want to accuse you of anything at all

[6/8, 4:27 PM] SICAS Agent: I am not blame you

[6/8, 4:28 PM] Me: If you can prove to me that you're working on behalf of the university, I can guarantee you, I'm going to do business with you

[6/8, 4:28 PM] SICAS Agent: You are not the good partner to cooperate

[6/8, 4:28 PM] Me: How ?

[6/8, 4:29 PM] SICAS Agent: You like to know everything. But we more focus on the results!

[6/8, 4:29 PM] SICAS Agent: Special ways to gain you Scholarship

[6/8, 4:29 PM] Me: Ok no problem

[6/8, 4:29 PM] SICAS Agent: No

[6/8, 4:29 PM] SICAS Agent: Not for now

[6/8, 4:29 PM] Me: You want your customers to pay 6,000 easy peasy ?

[6/8, 4:29 PM] SICAS Agent: No any interest till now

[6/8, 4:29 PM] SICAS Agent: Nothing to pay

[6/8, 4:30 PM] SICAS Agent: Find others who can help you

[6/8, 4:30 PM] SICAS Agent: You are not an easy student

[6/8, 4:30 PM] Me: Special way, I don't really know what do you mean by that. And you seem angry just for telling the university the whole story ?

[6/8, 4:31 PM] Me: Yes, I'm not easy

[6/8, 4:31 PM] SICAS Agent: Do not like your way

[6/8, 4:31 PM] SICAS Agent: Bye

----------Blocked-----------

• Like 1

@Lu to me the scholarship won't change too much, unfortunately. The biggest concern I have before everything is the tuition. It's the biggest potion I need to pay at once. This scholarship is a drop in a sea. I don't think it may help me. The tuition is not less than 21800 RMB Per Year

RMB, this is engineering.

The tuition is not less than 21800 RMB per year
You were considering spending 6000 US$ on this agent. That's well more than a year's worth of tuition. Just put the 6000 dollar towards paying your actual studies and you're already halfway there. Apply for the scholarship, try several scholarships next year, live frugally and you can quite possibly still do it.

And good idea to check with the university. That chat transcript really tells you everything you need to know.

@Lu If I traveled to China, will I be eligible to apply for scholarships, such as CSC scholarship etc...? Your suggestion dragged my intention. My father refused to sent me there, because he said it's possible to pay for this year's tuition, but this is not going to be beneficiary as we may not be able  to pay the other years tuition + the expenses of living with.

You're too late for a scholarship this year. I guess it might be possible to take up your place and self-fund this year, then get a scholarship for the second year - maybe even the second half of this year? - but it wouldn't be guaranteed. You might not get the scholarship, the CSC scholarship might not cover all your fees (courses in English are more expensive).

Also - do everything possible to research the course and speak to current or former students. Some people have had very negative experiences, and often English-language courses are very new and so not very well organised. 

• Like 1

Also, I've sent an email both to Sicas and a contact address for the JIangsu education folk. Will see what happens.

Edit: And in the fine tradition of the Chinese educational establishment, the Jiangsu education folk's email address bounced right back. 

" I talked to an agent who works there (SICAS) and I talked to him about Jasmine scholarship. He said if you're going to come through us, we can guarantee you Jasmine scholarship through our..."

This sounded suspicious from the beginning.

Good luck new_e9!

It is too late to apply for a scholarship this year.

Can I suggest something? You can be learning Chinese for one year, preferably in China, and once you have passed HSK 4 (maybe 5, depends on the university, but 4 is usually enough for computer science) apply for a scholarship next year. It does not have to be that university in Nanjing, there are so many universities in China offering scholarships. It is easier to find one for PhD studies, but it is not impossible to do it even if you are interested in an undergraduate degree. Also, there are many foreign universities in China, like NYU Shanghai, Nottingham Ningbo, Duke Kunshan, Xian-Liverpool in Suzhou. Try there. When it comes to Chinese universities, the easiest way for an undergraduate student to find a full scholarship is through the Chinese embassy in your country.

• Like 1

BTW If you are studying at a Chinese uni you won't be eligible for the CSC scholarship next year, if you are planning to study Chinese in China next year, you should look at private schools.

@roddy You mean to wait for another one year ? This is hard, because I already waited for one year which makes it 2 years off school.

I guess it might be possible to take up your place and self-fund this year, then get a scholarship for the second year - maybe even the second half of this year? - but it wouldn't be guaranteed. You might not get the scholarship, the CSC scholarship might not cover all your fees (courses in English are more expensive)

@Angelina said:

BTW If you are studying at a Chinese uni you won't be eligible for the CSC scholarship next year, if you are planning to study Chinese in China next year, you should look at private schools

Nanjing university of aeronautics and astronautics is Chinese.

@Angelina

Can I suggest something? You can be learning Chinese for one year, preferably in China, and once you have passed HSK 4 (maybe 5, depends on the university, but 4 is usually enough for computer science) apply for a scholarship next year. It does not have to be that university in Nanjing, there are so many universities in China offering scholarships. It is easier to find one for PhD studies, but it is not impossible to do it even if you are interested in an undergraduate degree. Also, there are many foreign universities in China, like NYU Shanghai, Nottingham Ningbo, Duke Kunshan, Xian-Liverpool in Suzhou. Try there. When it comes to Chinese universities, the easiest way for an undergraduate student to find a full scholarship is through the Chinese embassy in your country.

Your suggestion works, but I have one year off school now. I graduated in 6/2014 from high school, that's exactly one year. I don't want to waste the next year, engineering is 4 years degree :-( I takes time to finish it.

I don't know if I learned Chinese It may increase my chance of getting CSC or another scholarship, there's no guarantee. I came to the point where I feel below down. You said if I enrolled to a Chinese uni, I won't be eligible to CSC scholarship ? what about other scholarships ?

@roddy I called the university yesterday and told them about my financial dilemma and the admission office sent me the application form of Nanjing Government Scholarship, but as you know, the tuition is high and the scholarship almost pays nothing. All in all, Jasmine scholarship didn't reach its deadline, why can't I apply to it ? I asked them for Jasmine scholarship, it appears the university doesn't have it ?

I already waited for one year which makes it 2 years off school.

Relax. No one will care. 

I don't want to waste the next year

You can use this year to learn Mandarin. 

I came to the point where I feel below down.

Where do I start? ...

You said if I enrolled to a Chinese uni, I won't be eligible to CSC scholarship ? what about other scholarships ?

For undergraduates at Chinese universities? Not many. My university offers the Zhejiang University Scholarship, but they prefer graduate students. 

You should look at what foreign universities in China have to offer. Or learn Chinese and try the CSC one year later. 

@Angelina

Relax. No one will care.

:(

You can use this year to learn Mandarin

I'm with you with at this point, but my worries that I may not be granted any scholarship. Though I have the right to worry, my situation is very complicated. Who wants to be the oldest guy in their class ?

You should look at what foreign universities in China have to offer. Or learn Chinese and try the CSC one year later

If I went to China for one year, I mean this year to study Mandarin, should go I to a private school ? Because I don't want to lose the CSC scholarship. Can I apply to the scholarship while I'm in China ? 

Though I have the right to worry, my situation is very complicated. Who wants to be the oldest guy in their class ?

I am the oldest girl in my class. So what?

If I went to China for one year, I mean this year to study Mandarin, should go I to a private school ? Because I don't want to lose the CSC scholarship. Can I apply to the scholarship while I'm in China ? 

You should look at the requirements. You can't apply if you are studying at a Chinese university, I guess they don't have any problems with you being in China. 

Another thing about the CSC is that there are a few types 

http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/scholarshipdetailen.aspx?cid=97&id=2070

Most of the undergrads I have met studying in China on a full scholarship were people who had the bilateral CSC scholarship (国别) , where they applied through the Chinese embassy in their countries. You might want to ask there first. I have also met people from Saudi Arabia who were sent to China by their own scholarship programs. 

You might find something else too. 

@Angelina The best thing I can do at this moment is to grief until I die as a capital punishment. I want to grab my hear and shake my head and say "Come on ! get real" I can't believe this is happening to me. Failure after failure. I'm stuck, I'm sick of this world. Ahhhh, now I wish if I wasn't a human or alive.

New e9, please relax. If you graduated high school last year, you're not even 20 yet, right? So actually virtually all the opportunities are still open to you.

Firstly, you won't be the oldest person in your class by far. Two years are no difference at all. (Neither are three or four. Get started somewhere in the next fifteen years an nobody will bat an eye. Get started later and people will think it's great that you're still starting such a thing at that age.)

Secondly, where are you and what resources do you have available? Perhaps contact your old high school and see if there is a career counsellor or further education counsellor or what have you, and talk to them. Figure out what you want, then figure out what steps you can take. There are millions of possibilities and there is always something you can do to start making them happen.

And now, depending on what time it is where you are, either go get some sleep or go for a walk and do something you enjoy for the rest of the day. Things will look better tomorrow.