Chinese-Forums

I screwed up - Advice on how best to deal with a situation

GotJack

Ok thanks, been interested but not had any advice so didn't say anything but I did wonder what the out come was. I will just wait till you post the result. I do hope it works out the best it can for you :)

• 2 weeks later...

So this issue is now resolved. Following the advice of others I went to see my head of department , who was very supportive and almost dealt with it as if it was a non issue (i was surprised by this, as jail had been mentioned, but he said this was just a threat). He simply told me to wait, and that he would get in contact with me. Around about two weeks later, myself and the person I did it with had to go to the campus security staff office, make a formal apology, and pay for the cost of the bike. I was also unable to complete any of the paperwork for finishing my masters. It was a terrible two weeks as I was constantly worrying I would be carted of to Jail, deported and put on a visa black mark list. Although undoubtedly , this anguish was probably just rewards for what we did. 

Anyhow the bike has been replaced, amends have been made with the people involved, and I have been told my Masters certificate is available for collection. 

Thanks for all the support offered, it was very helpful!

• Like 3

Haha no certainly not. Although I am back in the UK now though so have been sharing a few glasses of wine with some friends and family, but I guess thats ok having not seen them for such a long time!

Excellent, not got any Scottish trips planned at the moment but hopefully in the future. I will be in London this summer as well and so same offer goes for you!

Great to hear it worked out.