Chinese-Forums

Chinese Online Shopping

rayne

I googled, "China / Chinese version of ebay" and found a lot of sites.

Living in Korea has made me a bit of an online shopping addict. Not that I online shop a lot, but if I need to buy anything I would search online before going outside. This goes for groceries too! Anything I buy online comes within 2~3 days and I can specify if I want the items left at the security guard's office, outside my door, etc. and they send a text message to confirm the delivery. Returning is easy too; the delivery company comes to pick things up instead of me having to go to the post office.

And if I see something I like while I'm out and about I would think, "I can get it cheaper online!" and not buy it on the spot -- this really destroyed any chance of impulse buying! 

I'm just wondering how the online shopping / delivery system compares in China. What are your favorite sites (for anything! Clothes... groceries??? etc.)? What are your experiences with online shopping? I'm curious  :P

Taobao, but only ships to China/HK. Other half got addicted to it for a while. Chatty vendors can be fun on online chat. We bought some shoes once and the vendor put oranges in the box, as they were in season. Then followed up with a message asking if we liked the oranges. Unlike Amazon, you realise that a lot of the time, the vendor is a human.