Chinese-Forums

A lost jw201 and admission package?

英泰inte

Nihao chinese forum people! You are all so smart and i could use your advise!

Right now i am in a summer program in Seoul and am livingn in a homestay. So while i was here, on 7 July, NanDa asked me for my new address to mail the jw201 to. I emailed her the address, and she replied fast to say the forms were just mailed and should be here in 10 days. Now it is 29 July, but the mailbox on floor one is still empty.

I think there is two possible reasons...1) China mail service is slow or 2) I forgot to put the apartment number on the address I sent to NanDa. (but everything else is OK)

When I called my teacher at NanDa a few hours ago, she said just keep waiting, because mail is very slow. I told her i will go to China on 1 september, and she said there will certainly be enough time. Though my classmate in Thailand already recieved their jw201, and it seems people in USA will recieve their jw201's soon. I can be patient and wait, but I am nervous that jw201 package will be returned back to China because lack of apartment number in the address. Has anyone had forms mailed to the wrong address before? Should i continue to wait?

i know there must be some way to solve this, i am willing to try all i can, here is some solutions i thought:

1) Keep waiting. Ask NanDa on friday what they do if packages are returned.

2) Try asking if NanDa can email a JW201?

3) Use an L (tourist) visa to enter China, then change it to X (study)

But as for number 3, For a tourist visa we need a flight to and from China and I only have "to China". and since I'm staying in NanDa's dorms there's no need to purchase a night at a hostel. i hope i wont have to try number 3, but i don't know if i should wait, see if NanDa can re-send the (returned) package, or just try for a tourist visa.

Summary: The JW201 has not came in three weeks. Should I wait, or should i ask NanDa if the package was returned? or should I try to enter on a tourist visa? I leave from Korea to China on 1 september.

Duo xie for your help! 我会很感激!no matter what we will all meet in China! :mrgreen:

Can you check in the email you sent what address you actually gave them? If it was the wrong address, is there any other place it could have ended up instead (neighbour, superintendent of your building, student office of your uni, whatever)? Can you ask at your local post office?

If the forms were sent by registered mail, you can ask NanDa for the number and check where it is.

Or, if you know that you gave NanDa the wrong address, perhaps simply explain your mistake and ask them to re-send the form, this time to the correct address. That might be the best option.

Xie Xie Lu, it is strong advice. actually, what happened today is a little embarrassing.

Today after our class ended, my friend was waiting for me at the subway, so I ran home to get money to ride. I quickly ran up the stair into my room to find some coins and saw this:

ahahahah.jpg

:oops: sorry about that. thank you for reading. everyone please check your address before submitting to CSC. and remember, be patient! with China mail we must wait a few weeks