Chinese-Forums

HSK Traditional

Thiago Brazil

Probably not.

Anyway you can find information about the HSK on the registration site:

http://www.chinesetest.cn

There you can find a list of test centers with coordinates, if you want you can make a phone call or send an email to a test center in your country to confirm.

And if you want to take an exam in traditional characters, there's the TOCFL too:

http://www.tw.org/tocfl/

• Like 1

I work as an HSK examiner, so I can answer that question:

No, you cannot.

The HSK is administered by Hanban, which is part of the Confucius Institute Headquarters (managed by the Chinese Ministry of Education) and therefore the official way of writing in the PRC is allowed (meaning simplified characters).

There is a language test by the Taiwanese government (not administered on the Chinese mainland) which I am not that familiar with, but I would assume there it is possible.

Very Thanks for all!

I very liked all answers. Here, in Brazil have a brach where have this test for Traditional. It's in São Paulo, in south of Brazil, but more distance my city.

But, please friends, what is the Text Book used for TOCFL? For example, The New Practical Chinese Reader is the Text Book for HSK. What is for TOCFL?

@thiago

I think there might be some confusion. The HSK is a standardized exam and exactly the same wherever you take it. So the test center in Sao Paulo (if it is a real HSK test center), will not be able to administer the test in traditional characters, just like any other test center in the world.

Also, the New Practical Reader is a popular text book for studying Chinese (with simplified characters), but it is not the official text book for the HSK, nor is it especially designed to prepare students for the HSK exam.

There are special HSK study books, none of which are official. The official book for the HSK is the examiners compilation of characters and grammar necessary to know for each level, however it is not useful for studying (it is all in Chinese and you would need to be fluent in Mandarin to be able to read it), but there are several HSK preparation books based on that information that present the content for you in a way that allows you to study it.

As the TOCFL does not exist in mainland China, I do not know how to study for it or which books to use.

Yes Edelweis, and I discovered this test here in this amazing forum. It's because I very like Traditional and know I know that I have possibility to make this test. São Paulo city is more distance my city, but I will make plans. Thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • New Members

In Taiwan, it's used both Practical Audio-Visual Chinese as well Far East Everyday Chinese.

For example, Wenzao, one the most popular language schools in Taiwan, uses this later.

I can advice you to try the FireDragontoIX App (available in Android, and soon in iOS).

It supports both Simplified and Traditional and both at the same time, and HSK and TOCFL vocabulary.

If you learn both at the same time, this app offers this option, you can HSK or TOCFL exams.
It has several quizzes for you to test your skills.

Força ai! Boa sorte com o Exame.