Chinese-Forums

Visual character puns game (show off your Photoshop/MS paint skills)

Demonic_Duck

I don't recall seeing many forum games on here, but maybe that's because they don't really fit into any subforum. I guess this one'll do.

Rules:

• Post visual character puns for people to guess
  • Guess puns posted by other people
  • If there are five or more unsolved puns at any one time, you need to solve them before posting new ones
  • If a pun is taking too long to solve, the person who posted it can help out by giving hints
  • Nothing too obscure
  • I'll try to keep this first post updated with links to unsolved puns

Example:

post-44958-0-04049600-1438436993_thumb.jpg

The answer to this one would be “绿茶表” (绿茶婊).

Solved puns:

Unsolved puns:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately there's nothing even close to the pronunciation of 绝, 命 and 毒 in the whole periodic table :(

There's a shi4 though, that's the only thing remotely related to 师 that I could find.

When you think about it, if it had been possible, I suppose the Chinese companies in charge of publishing and advertising the series in China would have thought about it before us. 

Now, had it been about me, I would have spent some time trying to come up with another Chinese name for Breaking Bad. One that would have made the writing of the series' name in chemical elements possible  :mrgreen: (I don't know it they even tried or not). Sometimes the official Taiwanese translation for movies and series is different then the Mainlandese one but now this time, it's the same.

Damn, that's a shame, although there's also 金杜 (actual character won't post properly, pinyin [dù], Dubnium), and 锶 (pinyin [sī], Strontium) could also stand in for 师. Problem is, 毒师 isn't a common combination of characters, so anything other than perfect homophones wouldn't really work (and even with perfect homophones it would only work for people who already knew the name of the show).

A bit more success with "Walter White": 华尔特·怀特 -> 华铒铽·怀铽. Erbium and Terbium.

Anyway, I'm derailing my own thread here. Post more visual puns people!

月亮代表我的心 :mrgreen:  ?(帶表)

Off-topic: I've kept searching for an alternative name for Breaking Bad and so far the best I've found is: 矽鈈鑭鋇 (for 西部狼狽). It's worth what it's worth, definitely not as good/catchy as 絕命毒師 (plus 鑭 is phonetically-speaking only an approximation of 狼) but I thought it was worth being used as a kind of sub-title (like 絕命毒師 is the real name of the series that appears after the opening and 矽鈈鑭鋇 would appear below it as a sub-title, using the cases from the periodic table). 

It definitely tells something about the show, you have to give it that  :D : the plot happens in New Mexico, which is the West (and it looks like a modern western more then is needed to justify this name) and the Walter/Jesse partnership is definitely what you could call the 狼狽 type  :mrgreen: . Anyway it's really not easy finding something related to the series + catchy + blabla-whatever using just elements from the periodic table, seriously, that's a whole exercise :D

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is very confusing. I'd never heard of 绿茶婊 so I looked it up and got the best definition I've ever seen, for anything:

"A seemingly unaffected, innocent and charming girl, but really a dissipated and superficial whore"

Ouch, sounds like someone was writing a definition from personal experience there.

So, is Kamille's answer correct to the last one?