Chinese-Forums

Working opportunity for oversea student in Qingdao

dingye

My name is Ye Ding (丁烨). My wife and I have a 19 months (more than 1.5 years) old boy who is starting to speak. We are local Chinese lived in Qingdao. We intend to help our son to acquire English as one of his native languages. So in order to get this kind of language environment in place, we want to find an English native speaker to play and talk with my little man.

Actually this job doesn’t require too much. Your mother tongue should be English. It doesn’t need you to have English teaching experiences at all. You just need to be a nice person and kind to child. And you don’t have very bad habits e.g. drug taking. Previous babysitting experience is preferred, but not required. That’s it. If you are interested, please contact me to introduce yourself and discuss the details, such as hourly rate and schedule (how many hours per week and when). My email address is

chinaosdesign@yahoo.com

Except for money, we also have something for an exchange if you like.

We have a spare room which you can live in. I believe this room is much better than the dorm in the university. It has an in-room bathroom with a tub. We placed a 110 inch screen in front of the bed. You can use the projector and BD player to watch movies or play games. As you know, living in a real Chinese family not only saves you accommodation cost but also helps you to improve your Chinese and understand the culture of this country.

We speak very standard Mandarin without any accent. My written Chinese is excellent and I make a living at it. So I think I am able to help you if you have any difficulties in your Chinese study. BTW, I know Chinese characters are headaches to remember. But I do have a good method to memorize them. Basically you can tell me which characters you can’t remember, I will dig out their origins and tell you how they evolved. Then you can totally understand why they are written like these. And you will remember them easily.