Chinese-Forums

Transferring Schools, Changing University Placement

tobz

Is it possible for me to change or transfer my university after i got the Chinese Government Scholarship? I am thinking of changing universities because Harbin is too cold so thinking of moving to Beijing or Tianjin which aren't as cold. 

It's not common to change universities, but classmates from my city get transferred to BCLU in Beijing. Contact your dispatching institute for further details, they can help you (but not sure they are willing to help you).

While a change of university is certainly possible, I would assume that your rationale for making said change will be key to determining whether or not the request is granted.

Were there a bureaucratic mistake, for example, enroling you in an institution which doesn't have the undergraduate/graduate major/specialization to which you applied, you might have a good case.

Making a change as a language student, I would guess, would be somewhat more difficult as it is far less specialized.

Call it a hunch; but making a request to change universities simply due to climate preference, and making such a request less than a month before registration and at a time when most are already beginning visa applications, probably won't lead to the result you're hoping.

My suggestion: Go to Harbin, bundle up, and enjoy the privilige that is receiving the Chinese Government Scholarship; Harbin is a fantastic city, anyway!