Chinese-Forums

Massive explosion in Tianjin

roddy

For Tianjin and its people, sadly, all the attention is a bit late.

I'd be far more concerned about other dangerous goods warehouses no doubt dotted all over China, no doubt situated and operated with the same degree of care as the Tianjin facility. And then there are those freight trains rumbling though city centres throughout China. Dangerous goods don't get to those warehouses by themselves.

And just where are dangerous goods stored in HK? Do ships pass through Victoria Harbour with dangerous goods on board? Imagine a Tianjin-class explosion in the harbour, with those hills to both north and south reflecting the shock waves.

• Like 1

I live in tianjin downtown and I have a friend live in tanggu,She said her house is very close to the blast place,The lucky thing is that night she was in downtown,there are so people like her work in downtown in monday to friday and then they go back to tanggu in weekend,Cause the house price is lower there compare with the downtown.So some news said  all the people live near the blast area were gone is not true,I think the real number is more than the official one.

Hope they can find more survivals.