Chinese-Forums

Kaohsiung Tutor Time

xuexiansheng

This year I'm going to be travelling around Taiwan for a month in Oct. and Nov. I've been inspired by Tamu's post and want to set up some independent study time while I'm in Kaohsiung. In that post, there isn't anything specific about how the tutors were contacted and since my timeline is much shorter (two weeks v. three months), I will need to set all this up before hand. I'll be in Kaohsiung for two weeks (last week of Oct. and 1st week of Nov.) My questions are:

Does anyone have a tutor you would be willing to share? (Please Private Message me the info, rather than post it or I can send you my info, if they prefer to contact me.)

What is the Taiwan equivalent of Craigslist if I wanted to shop around for a tutor or post something?

Also, I've never been to the south of Taiwan, any recommendations for things to do when I'm not studying?

Thanks!  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

You can use http://www.tealit.com/, this site is like a Craigslist for foreigners, and bid yahoo that is similar to ebay, https://tw.bid.yahoo.com/.

I'm not in Kaohsiung, but I can recommend you go to visit Fo Guang Shan Buddha Memorial Centre(a must visit place), Ciaotou Sugar Refinery, Lotus Pond,Cijin Island and Shinkuchan Commercial District( is similar to Ximending, just smaller)

I don't recommend you spend your time visiting the Dream Mall, It's just a mall  like any other mall, night market on the other hand are similar everywhere in Taiwan, so for me not worth the visit.

Sorry for the bad english.

• Like 1