Chinese-Forums

Moving to Qingdao this Sunday (23rd August)

Yithril

Hi all, 

New to the forums but found them as I was researching the city.  I'm working at a high school and I'm flying out to Qingdao this weekend. This is my first time in China.  I speak the language to an extent (intermediate speaker) so I'm not worried about getting around or being able to survive, get stuff I need.  What I'm interested in are the attractions the city has and fun stuff to do.  I was looking mainly for a cycling club that rode not just through Qingdao but through China.  I heard cycling isn't exactly a thing in the city, but that that's changing.  It'd be good to see the country on weekends.  Also, Korean classes, and any other clubs or just activities people do on weekends would also be great to know about.

Thanks!

Keep checking here for the latest activities....which is not a lot: http://www.myredstar.com 

I'm not aware of any cycling clubs but a few friends did purchase bikes in the past and frequently took trips to the mountains.  With Qingdao being a small city, you'll definitely bump into the international students in the evening.  For bars, most people go to Jiangxi Lu for drinks and then onto a few clubs, but the options are fairly limited.

• 1 month later...
  • New Members

I don't think that there are many cycling clubs because its simply too dangerous to cycle in China with all the cars. The mountains are also too high, and usually people prefer to take car. There is a upcoming trend though with renting bikes but I have only see that in some cities, haven't seen it in Qingdao yet. I hope they will place more bikes because the traffic is really scary during rush hours, it would prevent a lot of traffic jams.

• 1 year later...