Chinese-Forums

Question about applying for Z visa

pork1781

I am looking for advice for my particular situation..  I am a US citizen and I'm currently in Taiwan on vacation.  I recently got a job offer to work in Shanghai, so I need to apply for a China work Z visa. 

1.  What is the best way to do it?  Is mailing my passport overseas the only way?  There is no China consulate in Taiwan that I know of...

2. I also have a valid China L visa.  Can I enter China with L visa and then apply for the single entry Z visa locally? 

Thanks for all help!!

• New Members

Hi

The best thing you can do is contact your employer

There has been cases where you can mail the documents to an agency but the documents needs to say you're in that country

It is possible for people to convert their visa to work visa when they are in China. It's better if you contact your employer as they will need to go through the process

How long is your Taiwan vacation?

To apply for a China Z visa, you need to have the employing license and Z visa notification letter. In order to get the 2 official documents, both the employer and you need to provide many documents. 

Thus if your Taiwan vacation is not long enough, you'd better go back to Shanghai with your L visa. 

Then prepare the documents including Bachelor degree certificate (or above), 2-year work experience reference letter, non-ciminal record certificate, resume and so on. Of course, the employing company need to provide some documents. 

With all the document ready, it will take 3 weeks (if no delay) to get the 2 official documents. 

You can go to HK to get a Z visa. After coming back, it will take another 3 weeks to get Alien Employment Permit and 1-year residence permit (if no delay). 

For more details, please refer to http://www.cn-visa.com/beijing_work_visa_application.asp