Chinese-Forums

Sichuan University

garmongar

Hi everyone

Maybe the next year I will study Chinese language in Sichuan University by passing HSK3 exam and Confucius scholarship. I do not know anything about location, which campus I will be studying in, and off-campus conditions. If you share your past  experience, it would be great.

Thanks in advance

garmongar

I lived in Chengdu from 2000 to 2003 and 2012 to 2014 and I worked at Sichuan University from 2012-2014. I greatly cherish my time at ChuanDa and in Chengdu as it was overall a very positive experience for me.

Chengdu really is a great city on the up-and-up with plenty to do and see. The locals are usually friendly enough and generally don't mind a bit of banter. I found it to be a pretty easy place to chat with people in Chinese.

If you study Chinese at Sichuan University, you should be based on the main campus (望江校区-wangjiang campus). That's a good location as it is near the heart of the city.

As for housing, it shouldn't be too hard to get a cheaper apartment (<2,000RMB/month) in areas around the main campus. With that being said, don't begin your apartment search around the beginning of September when all the other students are looking as well. Try to begin your search a little earlier.

If you look at the dormitories for foreign students, these are located near the East Gate of the main campus. There is also a foreign students' dormitory near the North (Main) gate of the campus.

Best of luck to you in selecting your place to study Chinese!

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

• Like 2