Chinese-Forums

2016 Confucius Institute Scholarship for the Philippines

crisgee

Hi everyone!

I'm happy to announce that applications are now open for the 2016 Confucius Institute Scholarships!

01%202016-CI-Scholarship-with-HSK.jpg

Aside from Chinese Language, you may also apply for scholarships in Chinese History, Chinese Philosophy, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Chinese Music, Chinese Dance, etc.

Students may also choose to enroll either on the first or second semester (subject to admitting universities actual schedule).

Most importantly, applicants must have passed the required HSK and HSKK level in order to apply. Fortunately The Confucius Institute at the Ateneo de Manila University will be having an exam on this coming March 20. Registration deadline is on Feb 16.

If you have other questions, please don't hesitate to leave a comment, send me a PM, or send us an e-mail at info@ateneoconfucius.com and follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/ateneoconfucius)

About me:

I am a "veteran" of the CSC Scholarships of the years 2009 and 2010. You may have seen me in the CSC threads of 2009-2011 helping others with their respective applications. After returning from China, I started  working as a coordinator for the Confucius Institute at the Ateneo de Manila University. A lot of pinoys have been sending me PMs for advice on the CSC, and I am happy to have assisted a few. Now I am encouraging all of you to apply for the Confucius Institute Scholarship, which I personally handle. If you have questions, just post here! Even if you're from another country, I will try to explain whatever I can!

Dear Mods (roddy et al.),

If you feel the need to merge this with the existing Confucius Institute Scholarships Thread, please do so. I just feel the need to create a separate topic for the Philippines and facilitate discussions that are related to our situation, which may not be applicable to other countries. Recruitment and application processes may vary among CIs all over the world, so we

Of course, everyone all over the world is welcome to join the discussion! 

• 3 months later...

hi, im not from philippines, im from indonesia :mrgreen:

well my status now is just like this: 

申请进度:“接收院校审核中”- 录取 

(意见:同意录取)

what i wanna ask is is that true that the host institute has accepted me and the only thing to do is wait for the hanban decide?

does hanban by any chance will decline me or something?

and what's the next step? and how long will it take to get there?

sorry if i'm asking too many question, your answer will really help me so much, thankyou, cheers~ 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I have been busy processing scholarship applications here in our CI as well, and I have been answering questions exactly like what all of you are asking! Anyway, congratulations on getting the scholarship! Basically what will happen now is that university will send the Admission Notice and the JW202 (or JW201) Visa Application Form wither to your mailing address or to your CI. Various universities do it differently from my experience and it's just the way it is. So since I also get notified when our applicants get accepted, I immediately tell them to let me know if they have received these documents. If the university sends them to our CI Office, of course I will notify the applicant. 

I suggest you ask you CI if they have received these documents in the mail.

@crisgee been waiting for your answer, so it's been actually more than a week since my status changed,

it's now:

申请进度:“奖学金综合评审结束”- 授予奖学金 
(意见:经综合评审,授予全额奖学金。请学校与学生进行确认。)

I guess this is a good one, some of my friends' statuses has changed too, but some of them, the school they applied to just sent them an email asking if they're going to go or not.

but for me, there's no email or something like that, is there anything wrong with that?

thankyou so much!

@crisgee forgot to mention, I didnt came from any CI, it's just my university got numbers of chinese teacher who came from China, and they helped us to sign up and apply scholarship. So when the JW202 and admission note will likely be sent to our mailing address?

and do you know anything about Capital normal university? because I'm going to go there.

Since I've graduated, I barely have no one to ask to, so your every-single answer is really a big help for me! once again thank you so much!

Yes, you ask the teacher to send  both the JW202 and admission notice if she receives it. You need those to apply for a visa.

No i don't know anything about it except that it's in Beijing. I hear it's very good and has a nice campus. I also studied in Beijing, but unfortunately I never got the chance to visit that school.

• New Members

Hi everybody,in 在cis.chinese.cn my status was 申请进度: 1)“ 推荐机构择优确认中" then changes 2)已确认 ! And right now 推荐机构择优确认中" 。what is it mean?maybe CI in my country not recommend me?( sorry my English not good)!

@bakirova23:

I had the same status change few days ago and it got temporarily rejected. Perhaps you still need to fill in something. In my case it's the official score report of HSKK that hasn't arrived yet.

• 2 weeks later...

why my status still? 申请进度:“接收院校审核中”- 预录取

(意见:我校同意录取)

接收院校:南昌大学 ... stef1992 may i ask for your contact or email, i want to ask about this scholarship.

and for your question, i think it will send to ur confucious institute