Chinese-Forums

Best university for science

murrayspeaks

Your question is rather broad...

• What field of science?
  • English-language programs or Chinese-language programs?

What are your career goals? You may be much better off going to university in the UK and minoring in Chinese.... Your quality of education may be much better in the UK.

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply, I am sorry if I have mislead you. I am not looking for a place to study but rather doing research for a book. I am interested to know which university might be chosen to host a prestigious project that involved a number of scientific disciplines, geo-physics, astro-physics, biology, environmental sciences and botany. Thanks

When you say 'a book', do you mean an academic book that is to be the result of said prestigious project, or a novel in which the project is conducted? (If the latter, I'm now reminded of Liu Cixin's work.)

Tsinghua in Beijing is considered the best science university in China (with Peking University considered the best in humanities), but I don't know if Tsinghua has all the subjects you mention.

• Like 1

Thank you again for your answer but again I fear I have given you the wrong impression. The book, to which I refer is a work of fiction and in that story, set in some future time, an international project is being undertaken in which China is taking a lead role.

It seems that you have answered my question for which I am grateful, so now I can find out about Tsinghua university.

• Like 1