Chinese-Forums

如果再犯贱、please some help

chatowan

Hello everybody,

I need your help to translate a sentence. The girl I love wrote this sentence on her weibo and I would like to know the meaning. If anyone could help, it would be great.

如果再犯贱、 什么样的后果都是自己活该。

Thank you very much.

Generally with such things, the best way to find out is to ask the girl in question. She can not only tell you what it means, but also, more importantly, what she meant by it and why she posted it.

Because it seems like classic vaguebooking to me. 'If you slip up again, the consequences are all on you/are really your own fault'. In which 犯贱 to my knowledge can be anything from getting drunk and general bad behaviour to outright cheating on her, and the consequences that will be entirely your own fault are also not specified.

Yeah, instead of asking her, you can also buy flowers/chocolate/an LV bag and apologise profusely for whatever it is you don't know you did. Muddle through like that for a bit and eventually break up, neither of you quite knowing why, but both sure that it's the other person's fault.

Good communication is important in a relationship, even more so in a cross-cultural one.

Thank you for your translations !!!

It is clearer for me. Of course I have a bit of the context but due to my poor chinese, I was not sure of the meaning.

Also I remember the first time she told me 讨厌... which was not as bad as it seemed at first.

Thank you again.

Gato, I considered that and in theory you're right, but I think judging from the tone of the sentence, it can't really be 'I'. I don't think one would generally call one's own actions 犯奸.

• 3 weeks later...

Some posts got the idea right. I will just add this:

“犯贱” is a (little) nasty/impolite word.

The sentence could be said in a joking manner, in which case you have nothing to worry about.

However, if she meant it, the whole sentence becomes an angry warning with much contempt and disrespect to its target.

The best translation in that sense? "Mess with me again and I will kick your ass!"