Chinese-Forums

Shenzhen to HK International Airport

shuoshuo

Can someone please help me explain how to get from Shenzhen to HK international airport?

I am currently in Shanghai, I want to travel this summer and the cheapest routes are from HK. I fugure I can take a train to SZ and exit China through the SZ-HK border. Is this correct?

Yes, you can take a train and go through customs at either 羅湖 (Lo Wu) or 落馬洲 (Lok Ma Chau), enter HK, then transfer to the airport express (darker green line on the left) to go to HK international airport.

http://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/jp/index.php (click on SHENZHEN on top right to see Shenzhen side of the rail map)

If you plan to stay in HK, some hotels provide transport service to the airport, and there are public buses going from the city to the airport too.

http://www.hongkongairport.com/leaflet/transport.pdf

Alternatively, you can board a ferry at several places in Guangzhou to SkyPier and transfer to a flight at the airport (I think this is transfer only, so not applicable if you want to spend some time in HK).

http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/transport/transport-connection-with-mainland-china/ferry-transfer/service-at-a-glance.html

• Like 1

Thanks so much for all your replies. So I shouldn't face any problems with immigration if I don't have a return ticket to China right?

I have a return ticket to HK but when I get there I want to take a train back to China so I can stay down south and make my way slowly back up to Shanghai. I have a China visa, but know nothing about HK visas.

Citizens of my country are normally given 3 months tourist visas in HK, but in this case I do not intend to stay in HK, I just want to land in HK and return to China immediately. The problem here is that I won't have proof, if I don't have a return airplane ticket...

I arrived in HK with a one-way ticket in 2007. I bought a train ticket to China (GZ) online & it was accepted as proof of onward travel when I presented it to check in at the (now defunct) airline. Bit of a PIA since I could've got the metro to SZ. But it got me on the plane without a return ticket*.

I don't recall HK immigration checking for this. I suspect they don't bother people from Europe/North America etc unless they look like they're living in HK on visa free entries (a UK friend of mine did this for about a year without real difficulty).

*which I would have lost when the airline folded!

Citizens of my country are normally given 3 months tourist visas in HK, but in this case I do not intend to stay in HK, I just want to land in HK and return to China immediately. The problem here is that I won't have proof, if I don't have a return airplane ticket...

You shouldn't need any "proof". You'll be fine. I do HK visa runs and never technically have "proof" of onward travel let alone have I ever been asked for it.

Ok, thanks guys. A European friend of mine had to buy an airplane ticket on the spot at the HK airport because he didn't have a return or onward ticket. Worst case scenario, that's what I'll have to do.

• 1 month later...

Very true, no proof was necessary. On the departure card I even left the 'address in HK' part blank and they didn't even care, gave me 3 months visa. I wasn't even staying. Had I known it was this easy I would have visited HK ages ago.

• 6 months later...

There are buses departing for HK from Shenzhen from at least two terminals. It is the cheapest and depending on your destination the fastest. I believe they start about 8am and end about 8pm. 

If you are in HK, go to Canton Road, the bus terminal is down a alley just 40m south of Ocean Park - same side of the road. Around from  Hermes[??]

Recently there was a small sign placed in front......Walk about 20m...ticket office and buses  on your right