Chinese-Forums

Last Active

hannafit

Hi,

I am a fairly new member, but I noticed on my profile that my "Last Active" status says "Private." I also don't show up on the online users list. Why is this and what does it mean? How come it doesn't show the last time I was online? Thank you!

Sincerely,

Hanna 

The home page has a list of online members (ie users who browsed the forum very  recently). The threads, at the bottom, have a list of the people who're actively reading them within the last few minutes. My profile shows last time I logged in.

Seems like you're opted out of these features.  I guess it's initially set like  this for privacy reasons? But I couldn't find the relevant settings in "My Settings" just now...

• 5 weeks later...

Hello hannafit,

I had the same problem.

When I logged in as a "New User" I selected "Stay logged in". Some time later my status changed to "Member".

Manually logging out and logging in again solved the issue, so it must be related to the membership or the cookies.

By the way, I could not find a privacy setting for this either. But when signing in there is an anonymous (stay hidden) option.

I don't know but could it have anything to do with logging in with facebook? Maybe it makes a difference. Sometimes there seems to be a lag, if I stayed log in but inactive, when I return, I am not in the list of users, but as soon as I look at a post or do something I appear on the list, I tick keep me logged in to see if changed but it didn't.

I don't have a Facebook. However shortly after I posted this thread, my profile gave me an actual last active status instead of "private" and it now shows when I'm online. I'm not sure what I did though. I could have logged out and back in( but I don't think I did), so I have no idea how it changed!