Chinese-Forums

Does Alibaba hire foreigners for entry-level positions?

wensente

It is a highly competitive workplace now among Chinese graduates, so chances are rather slim to get a job as a foreigner, not just here but at other places in China as well. But there might be some chances with strong academic background in IT development or E-commerce and fluent Chinese.

I'm at about HSK6 and have a good business degree. What would be important to know is if they manage international operations from Hangzhou. If they do, I could imagine it would be important to hire international employees with expertise in their home markets. Another point I'd be interested in learning more about if anybody has inside information. 

I'm not sure about Alibaba specifically, but it is not unheard of for something like that to happen. I work at one of the BAT companies as a foreigner in an entry level position. I think a lot of it really comes down to luck. You would need to find a position on a team specifically looking to expand business abroad. I would suggest getting in contact with a Chinese headhunter if possible. 

• Like 1