Chinese-Forums

Tsinghua Dorm

StefW

• New Members

Does anyone know how exactly the single and AB rooms (Zijing appartment buildings) differ in Tsinghua University? Obviously the AB room is shared with separate bedrooms but do the AB rooms have a better/larger "kitchen" or bathroom than the single rooms?

I'll be an exchange student for one semester, if that matters.

Have you looked at the specific Tsinghua accommodation thread? A lot of information in there. It more than likely has information useful for you. Click here

As for your question, no rooms have "a kitchen" as such. There is a shared kitchen at the end of the hallway's for communal use. When I was at Tsinghua (a few years ago now) they didn't have anything inside apart from a Microwave. Most people I knew who wanted to cook just did so illegally in their rooms. Bought themselves an oven and a hot plate/frying pan. The canteen food at Tsinghua is pretty good though so mostly it was people wanting something like steak and potatoes or an omelette.

Not sure on the bathroom front but I think it's likely to be the same. The single room bathroom is small but usable. I never heard any complaints from friends about it. I can't see them giving a double room a bigger bathroom, it's not like you will use it together!?

• Like 2

Food in China in general and especially at the university cafeterias is very affordable, so unless you want to cook something very specific, I would not worry too much about the kitchen. When I studied, I had a kitchen but I dont think I ever really used it.

• Like 1