Chinese-Forums

Quick Translate of Photo

Hi all,

I have attached a photo of Chinese text that I cannot translate.  It's an Instagram post I found online.   I am learning mandarin but not very experienced with the written aspect, so need some assistance with the translation. 

Can anyone provide a good translation?

post-65936-0-06481700-1474386495_thumb.png

Okay here it goes:

I mistakenly thought that summer hadn't finished and now I'm sitting outside, already feeling cold. I still haven't been to the coffee shop I like many times. A well-sized soccer field has been built in the empty space out of the front of it. I recognise many of the people but also not many of them. Every year is the same and every year is not the same. Time is really cruel. When you're hesitant it will quickly fly away to a faraway place, robbing of you it.

I mistakenly thought that summer hadn't finished and now I'm sitting outside, already feeling cold. I still haven't been to the coffee shop I like many times. A well-sized soccer field has been built in the empty space out of the front of it. I recognise many of the people but also not many of them. Every year is the same and every year is not the same. Time is really cruel. When you're hesitant it will quickly fly away to a faraway place, robbing of you it.

You're a bit above A2/B1 level in Chinese, don't you think?

LinZhenPu, didn't you ask me this before?

From wikipedia:

A2

• Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
  • Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
  • Can describe in simple terms aspects of their background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.

B1

• Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
  • Can deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
  • Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
  • Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.

B2

• Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in their field of specialization.
  • Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
  • Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.

I'm A2 borderline B1. While I may be able to read I cannot understand spoken Chinese, whether in real life or on tv, and I certainly cannot spontaneously communicate. At most I can give basic responses in controlled environments (a sympathetic listener who will speak very simply and clearly on textbook topics). I'm not an "independent" user.

The page also says HSK4 is A2 and HSK5 is B1. That also sounds right. Having only looked at the dummy tests I'd say I can pass both of these but I struggle a bit with HSK5 and no way can I do HSK6.

Sorry Stapler, I now remember that I did indeed ask you this before.

I'm surprised that HSK4 is considered A2 and HSK5 is B1. I would have thought that HSK4 is B1 and that HSK5 is B2. This provides a better perspective of the New HSK levels.

I'll refrain from discussing this further here to avoid creating an off-topic discussion.

• 2 months later...