Chinese-Forums

Applied for 30 day tourist visa, received 60 day tourist visa

LinZhenPu

Hi all,

I received my passport in the mail from the Chinese Visa Application Service Centre in Sydney the other day.

I had applied for a single-entry 30 day tourist visa, but the visa I have been granted is a single-entry 60 day tourist visa.

I am not aware of any recent agreement that Australian passport holders are now eligible for a 60 day tourist visa for China.

I am very glad, but should I be worried? Could this have been due to an administrative error? Were the embassy staff just in a good mood that day and decided to give me a bonus? Could there be any other reason why I would be granted a 60 day tourist visa despite the fact that my intended length of stay on both the visa application form and my invitation letter was only 30 days?

Thanks!

Don't worry. I think back in 2012 I applied for a 30 day visa and they gave me a 60 day. I'm thinking that if your stay is exactly 30 days they just bump it up to 60 to give you leeway.

Australians can get up to 90 days IIRC.

If it's in your passport, it's legal.  I don't know why you'd be worried.  It's not like they're going to stop you on entry.  I once applied for a 180 day F visa (back in the good old days when they handed them out like candy) and received a 90 day visa instead.  I pointed out the error, and they said it was no error.  I said, 为什么? to which they replied 没有为什么。  I learned something that day.  They'll do whatever they want, and 没有为什么 is a valid response to questions.  

• Like 2