Chinese-Forums

5600 anki flashcards (with audio) for HSK levels 1 to 5

ChineseAudioFlashcards

ChineseAudioFlashcards

Hello!

We’ve just released HSK 4 and HSK 5 decks at www.chineseaudioflashcards.com

So now we have flashcard decks with example sentences and audio for HSK levels 1-5.

The flashcards are made up of the word and then example sentence(s).

We think our flashcards are quite unique because the sentences are made up entirely of words contained in the current or previous HSK levels, meaning that learning is reinforced.

HSK 1 is free! You can use the coupon code “chinese-forums” to get $30 off the full 1-5 set :)

This is awesome. Thank you for sharing. 

I'm looking at the HSK5 set. When writing the sentence, do you try to keep them as simple as possible, or have you used more complex example sentences?

Are previously learned grammar patterns embedded in the various example sentences?

Is the audio all one person or do you have a variety of people?

ChineseAudioFlashcards

Hey 艾墨本, 

Generally the sentences are kept as compact as possible, and there is an increase in complexity in higher HSK levels. This increase in complexity is really secondary to more advanced vocabulary. 

Our flashcards are primarily focused on vocabulary, with grammar patterns included less intentionally. However a more grammar focused deck is definitely something we're considering making in the future! 

There are a variety of people (male and female) throughout the flashcard sets, with usually 2-4 audio recorders per used individual deck (though some people have audio on multiple decks). 

• 2 months later...

So I ordered the set but did not receive anything. Should I raise a dispute on Paypal?

Despite the page saying "Please click the link "Download file" under Order Details to download your deck." there is no link anywhere.

So I ordered the set but did not receive anything. Should I raise a dispute on Paypal?

Despite the page saying "Please click the link "Download file" under Order Details to download your deck." there is no link anywhere.

Email them.

They will give another link for you. Same thing happened to me.

• 2 months later...

Not used my Anki decks for a while.  Doesn't seem to help me much for learning, maybe better as a revision aid. Did you see my last post in another thread when I tried to pull out cards with 洗发水? I think I have yet to find out how best to use Anki for my own needs. 

1 minute ago, 艾墨本 said:

Care to expand on what you're referring to?

I made lots of cards from films, downloaded various decks and yet can't find some sexy  daily vocabulary such as  洗发水  within the decks :-?

I don't have any intention of taking the HSK - I paid for the HSK deck to keep as a stock of sentences. 

any thoughts on the decks after using them for a bit?

I used the deck only as a source of natural pronunciation sounds over the ones produced by TTS, for HSK4 (I created a deck based on "HSK Standard course") and Integrated Chinese L2 words.

I guess transferring sentences from the www.chineseaudioflashcards.com HSK deck to mine would be good too, but I'm too lazy and am simply using the big "Timos Chinese all in one" https://blog.timo-horstschaefer.de/chinese-anki-deck/ deck with grammar, sentences etc. Card format in that deck is a bit nicer IMHO - HSK words are introduced with a sample sentence on the same card, not separately as in the HSK deck for sale.

Minor comments: sometimes the HSK4 deck uses words from HSK5-6 or even not in HSK vocab (rarely though). Decks, especially the compound "HSK1-6" deck are not tagged at all, which makes the big deck rather useless. Also, I'm too used to tone colours and the overall format of cards produced by "Chinese Support" plugin, and these HSK decks are completely B/W and barren, even after my fiddling with cards a bit :conf.

Given I'm not cramming for HSK, my main deck remains one I made with IC L1-2 words using Chinese Support plugin, plus Skritter. I have to confess I turned off writing in Skritter and am simply going through words, but that's a separate story :D

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...