Chinese-Forums

Change from Facebook login to alternative method

Shelley

As the title says, can I change from logging in using Facebook and use a different type of login? The reason for this is that for the last few months I have been having problems logging on to Facebook and some days it can take hours. I have tried all the recommended fixes and still it can take hours to get logged in.

Thanks

Possible, although I'm not 100% sure how it works. Can you first try logging out, then logging back in again and when asked for a password using the 'forgot my password' link. 

If you end up unable to get back in, email me - admin@chinese-forums.com

"EDIT: I've also stayed logged in for almost all of nine years with no ill effects that I'm aware of."

The lack of awareness of the ill-effects of membership here is one of my greatest successes. 

I, too, tend to stay logged in for years on end or until I accidentally clear my cookies, so Querido, I'm mostly impressed that you've used the same computer for 9 years. What brand is it?

I suppose it comes from the days when I would have to close programs and park my hard drive before I could turn off my machine. Its a habit I guess that I still do it, not parking the hard drive :)  but closing down things.

To Shelley:

I know that feeling perfectly. I started with only a command line, you know? I tended to run one program at a time for some years, and even now I usually run everything full-screen; Windows 3.1 was so horrible, maybe I was scarred for life. :-)

In my first computer course we used punch cards and had to send the info to a computer in our state capital because my college (a slightly famous one) didn't have one! :-) Oh, and the printers were dot matrix, tractor feed, of course. Still remember the sound. :-)